Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, if anyone can chime in w/ some input , that would be great.

So I am interested in getting a new front grill for my Tucson, (USA version, Ultimate Limited 1.6L 2017)

so I came across this on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Front-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Its coming from South Korea, and I understand different tucsons in different countries have different names. Refer to the pics of the website.. from my guess it says that it would fit "2017 Tucson Limited 1.6L." as it says in the chart.. to my knowledge that is what i have compared to their chart. But if you put in your car manually, it actually says its not compatible.. dont know if that a is a glitch or not. I even try other options like Ultimate Limited 1.6. or even some 2.0's .. just seems very random when you put it in manually yet they stated in the chart.

I tried contacting the seller but no response.. but either way it seems to be the same topic I come across even at different sellers or different websites.

1. Does anyone know if there is a big difference in the size of the grill/front bumper when comparing a 1.6/2.0L? or even a US. version vs international Tucson,
2. What is a Tucson TL?
3. does anyone think ill be fine, and just order it as all tucsons are assumingly the same in the front grill?
4. Has anyone else changed their front grill? or seen posts?

thanks for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
All I will say is it should be a direct fit. There were no changes in the US model from 16-17 as far as the grill shape/size.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It might fit........ I have not had good luck with buying parts from Korea/wherever and having them fit my US version/built cars. For my Elantra I bought 2 upper radiator grills, neither one fit perfectly, one was not even possible to make it sort of fit.. went to the trash.. for my Tucson I bought LED bumper reflectors and they don't fit whatsoever.

It's always a chance that it won't fit....... most of these sellers/manufacturers are basing their stuff on the cars built in their regions, which doesn't always translate to US cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts