Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've got a 2013 Hyundai Elantra limited- and just recently, while accelerating from stop or going up in acceleration - the RPM's are going up way too far past normal expected levels, and it feels like the gear is gonna skip if I apply more gas. Also there are NO lights coming eliminating the dash for signs of warning, and oil change we performed just 2 days ago at Valvoline. This problem has been steadily getting worse each day, so before I go driving everywhere Im hoping someone could offer their opinion with the limited info I provided!--. Tmileage is 144,268...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
You still have the 10 year power train warranty on this car (if the original owner) if so get to the dealer ASAP and let them diagnose. If under warranty don't second guess what it is let the dealer do it.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
You still have the 10 year power train warranty on this car (if the original owner) if so get to the dealer ASAP and let them diagnose. If under warranty don't second guess what it is let the dealer do it.
I thought it was 10/100?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Check fluid level and condition.
When was the fluid last changed?
Drain&fill should be done at least every 60,000 miles.
If it's original fluid it's about the right mileage for the trans to fail.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hello everyone, I've got a 2013 Hyundai Elantra limited- and just recently, while accelerating from stop or going up in acceleration - the RPM's are going up way too far past normal expected levels, and it feels like the gear is gonna skip if I apply more gas. Also there are NO lights coming eliminating the dash for signs of warning, and oil change we performed just 2 days ago at Valvoline. This problem has been steadily getting worse each day, so before I go driving everywhere Im hoping someone could offer their opinion with the limited info I provided!--. Tmileage is 144,268...
What's the fluid look/smell like? Transmissions are the most neglected part of a vehicles drivetrain.

Reactions: reus49
1 - 6 of 6 Posts