Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just recently added the K&N Typhoon intake to my GT the other day and I have been experiencing this sound when I turn my car off. As soon as the ignition gets cut this weird air popping sound happens. I have checked all my clamps and connections and everything is as tight as can be..any else experience this sound?

video:

elantra gt intake

click "close to play"

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Have assistant start engine, you have hand on throttle body.. shut engine off, and feel/listen for source of sound.. video 6ft away from car dont do a lot for diag..

Very well could be throttle motor reset blade for next start-up.. find source of sound and report back.

·
Registered
560 Posts
got it too...It's become a sound I expect and am a-ok having. I figure it just goes along with the other awesome intake sounds :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never herd this sound from the car, mind you l dont rev it up before l shut the car off. hehe
Do you have the Typhoon intake installed? This was my first test of the new install so that's why I was revving the engine, I noticed this sound instantly as I had not heard it with the stock airbox. It happens whether I drive for 2 minutes or 30 minutes, same exact sound.

Good to know that others have it and that you're good with it, it can put me at ease a little bit. Intake does sound beautiful though! :D Seen my mileage go up a little bit already hah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts