Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooooo I recently had a midlife crisis and against my better judgment did what my 20 year old self would have done which was purchased and installed some 22" aftermarket wheels (wrapped in 235/30r22) on my baby (2013 Sonata SE). Made some slight modifications to the wheel wells, and she looks how I always envisioned her looking. ? However when going over minor bumps at high speed, baby girl's tires are scrubbing her strut housing. ? Chatted with a few local shops, and am being told I need to lift a half inch to an inch with coil spacers to prevent this. Spoke to others who say that I should just install aftermarket coil springs for optimal results. ?‍♂This is my first time ever purchasing aftermarket wheels for a vehicle, so I am not well versed in this area of expertise. Anybody had this issue, and if so what is the best route to remedy this issue?? Thanks.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Either use the correct tires or lift it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If it's hitting on compression, lifting won't do crap. You have to either limit travel or change the offset of the wheel. If your doing it bad on minor bumps, just wait till you hit a big one at high speed.

What are the wheel specs?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
you lost .8" of gap from top of wheel well to tire and increased the width by .4". Depending on wheel offset, you might not be able to stop it from hitting suspension or wheel well because it won't fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts