Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Do you have new par t in your hand ? It looks just like the part on the car as circled in the picture...

Vacuum label under hood should have shown location too..

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that looks correct. Now I am having trouble disconnecting the electrical connection. I've read that there is a release tab that must be pushed or squeezed, but I can't find exactly where on the connector it's located.

A little help again, please!
Ryan

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Most of them have a metal retaining clip that needs to slide off sideways before plug is undone. Unhook hose at top of manifold and remove hold down bolt first , then you can maybe turn valve sideways so you can better see the retaining clip.
The 01 and 07 valves that I had changed had the metal clip; yours probably does to.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Here -

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The green arrow above looks to be more of a plastic tab, rather than a metal clip, on mine. Also, is that hold down bolt a 10mm, as well?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The connector for your purge valve use a hinged plastic tab as shown in pic,, squeeze the tab as marked and maybe wiggle lightly for connector to slide off.

The previous replys about metal part is for the previous edition purge valve electric connection on the old 2.7L

As a Hyundai tech, I am qualified to answer the question,, the connector used here is a plastic push tab.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this something I can do in my garage without a major pain in the butt. I am pretty good with vehicle mechanics.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
When I had to change the one on my Accent the hose connecting the valve to the intake was rather hard and cracked. The hardest part by far was it had to be pealed off in pieces from the nipple. I's also an odd shaped hose so you need something to replace it. Other than that it's two hose clamps and an electrical connector.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts