Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having major problem with 13 accent. About a month ago while driving I suddenly lost a great amount of hp and my engine light started blinking. Took it to my local dealership and had them diagnose the problem for me. They told me I was having a misfire in cylinder 2 and that they would have to replace the spark plugs. I had them do the work thinking my car would be fixed but still seems to be running oddly. On startup there is a rough idle and the engine light blinks for about 10 seconds then goes solid. When driving it feels as though I have about half he horsepower that I should have and also when I get up to highway speeds the engine light will blink in 4th gear around 4000 rpm. I looked into this a little bit and thought it might be a fuel injector issue but it can’t be because my gas mileage has gone up. I used to only get about 400km per tank but in the last 2 full tanks I’ve put in I’ve gotten about 600 km. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Ty

·
Registered
37 Posts
These very same symptoms happened to me too. They kept saying it was either an ignition could or the injector. After both were replaced it didn’t fix the issue. Long story short it ended up being the computer that was bad. Not sure if this will help you or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm that worries me a little. I wonder how many others had a bad PCM. What other issues came with the bad PCM and why was it bad?

OP do you have cold start misfires as well? If you do, get a little fiber camera for android phones. Slip it into the take plenum preferably or into the spark plug hole. Check the valves to see if they are heavily caked in carbon or other gunk.It is possible your valves are not moving properly. While you in there, check your piston condition as well. You should be able to take pics with that fiber scope as well.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Get a code reader and find out which cylinder is misfiring. Then move the coil for that cylinder to another and see if the code follows the coil.

SBR11 is probably right. Sure sounds like a bad coil. Part isn't cheap, but an easy repair once you identify which coil it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts