Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New GS owner here. I just picked up a scanguageII to accurately measure my fuel economy but everytime i try to coast on the freeway (which is alot) i get a "9999 MPG" error reading.

From the manual it says this occurs because the fuel injectors turn off when coasting and that i need to adjust for the fuel cutoff parameters on the scan guage. Mine is currently set to the default of "24." Can anybody else with a scan guage chime in and help me out here and let me know what they've got theirs configured to? Thanks alot. Great forum btw! :liebe011:

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
In general, if you're traveling a distance and using no accelerator, you are of course theoretically achieving infinite miles to the gallon as you are moving without expending energy. This is why instant MPG is mostly useless unless you're actively using the accelerator.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Oct 6 2010, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361685
In general, if you're traveling a distance and using no accelerator, you are of course theoretically achieving infinite miles to the gallon as you are moving without expending energy. This is why instant MPG is mostly useless unless you're actively using the accelerator.

Thanks for the reply. Actually it's weird, I've had it installed now for a couple days and it only did the "9999 mpg" thing on the first day. What was a little frustrating was it was doing it also on city streets when i coasted long enough.

After that initial day though i've been getting normal XX-XXX MPG readings on both freeway and city streets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts