Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,
please help me, i am going crazy. for the last 5 months i have not been able to use my 2012 sonata which broke down in october last year and has since been in the dealership in dubai and they have never taken any action. what happened is that the car just stopped when i was driving at normal highway speed. no indication, warning or anything came up. the car just stopped and did not start any more. when the car got back to the dealership they called me after a few days and told me that my engine block is completely cracked and the whole engine has to be replaced. i don't understand this, the car was only about 16 moths old and has 23,000km on the odometer. the car was always serviced and never driven erratically. until today no one from hyundai took any stance to the problem, i tried to talk to the dealer, no answer. i called hyundai in korea, no answer. i wrote emails to hyundai, no answer. i wrote on their Facebookwall and message, no answer and deleted post. can anyone help me how i can get my car replaced under the valid warranty. would really appreciated to hear from any one of you members. thanks for your support in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry for your frustrating problem.
You still under manufacturer warranty, so i don't see why to worry, the dealer should deal with this issue. i do not know Dubai's laws but in USA you would be cover by Lemon law, if car is not repairable, dealer via manufacturer should give you a new one or paid off for you.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL
2,282 Posts
Dear members,
please help me, i am going crazy. for the last 5 months i have not been able to use my 2012 sonata which broke down in october last year and has since been in the dealership in dubai and they have never taken any action. what happened is that the car just stopped when i was driving at normal highway speed. no indication, warning or anything came up. the car just stopped and did not start any more. when the car got back to the dealership they called me after a few days and told me that my engine block is completely cracked and the whole engine has to be replaced. i don't understand this, the car was only about 16 moths old and has 23,000km on the odometer. the car was always serviced and never driven erratically. until today no one from hyundai took any stance to the problem, i tried to talk to the dealer, no answer. i called hyundai in korea, no answer. i wrote emails to hyundai, no answer. i wrote on their Facebookwall and message, no answer and deleted post. can anyone help me how i can get my car replaced under the valid warranty. would really appreciated to hear from any one of you members. thanks for your support in advance.
I don't really understand why Hyundai has not contacted you. I contacted them regarding another minor matter here in the U.S. and they were very responsive. It may not work but you might try contacting them and they can tell you who to get in touch with.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/shopping..._clickid=03cc301e-b1ae-2bc9-a22c-000075257b0a

Out of curiosity, which engine did you have?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.