Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting P0300 P0302 P0300 codes on my 2010 Hyundai Sonata, 2.4. 240K on the odometer. Tried new plugs, coils, fuel injectors and fuel filter (since I was doing the injectors.) When I went on a shake down cruise after the replacing coils and the injector/filter, the car started running rough after 50 miles, each time. After running awhile or just letting it sit, the check engine light goes away and it runs fine. It always comes back. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well,it turns out, I'm an idiot. Bought new coils,but didn't tighten them down enough. The dealership spotted my mistake and didn't charge me for service. AMAZING! Problem solved.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,272 Posts
Thanks for posting back to share your experience with us. Hopefully your post will prevent the next guy from making a similar mistake.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Well,it turns out, I'm an idiot.

Not really....LOL

Bought new coils,but didn't tighten them down enough. The dealership spotted my mistake and didn't charge me for service. AMAZING! Problem solved.
I have to believe the coil pack is grounded through the bottom plate. They can be a problem even when they are tight. Many times a misfire can be corrected by cleaning the plate and where it mounts.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have to believe the coil pack is grounded through the bottom plate. They can be a problem even when they are tight. Many times a misfire can be corrected by cleaning the plate and where it mounts.

Cam cover is inject mold plastic with metal insert for 6mm screw to hold coil to cam cover..

3.3L V6 in NF Sonata has aluminum covers,, if I recall, PCM trips ground path for coil fire on most all our engine in product line up

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Cam cover is inject mold plastic with metal insert for 6mm screw to hold coil to cam cover..

3.3L V6 in NF Sonata has aluminum covers,, if I recall, PCM trips ground path for coil fire on most all our engine in product line up
I need to take a break and get away from here. I get mixed up to easy. I was thinking GM and the ICM with coil pack screwed to the ICM. I need to remember Hyundai doesn't use an ICM, at least I don't believe they do. I know GM's very well and spend more time in their forums than here but lately I spend to much time in both. Need to focus on things that matter more to me and the people I love more than helping out strangers.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, as it turned out, the codes came back after a week. How about that. Put up with the problem for months before taking it back to the dealership three times. They can't make the codes come up and can't get them to stay away. I just got it back today. Gonna drive it until the codes come up with regularity, I guess. What a bummer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts