Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2004 2L Santa Fe and am thrilled with it! But i didnt come with a manual and i know diddly squat about cars!!!!
when i open the boot and change shoes ect after a while the car locks its self, so when i go to get in the door i have to re open/unlock it. Now this doesnt happen always and i havent figured out the reason that it only does it sometimes. i have a dreadful fear that i am going to lock the keys in the boot....
can anyone tell me if i can stop the car locking please
many thanks

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
There are a couple of ways for the car to relock the doors:

1. You unlock the doors with the key fob but don't open the doors. The car will relock the doors assuming that you didn't get in it after all.
Or, like me ...
2. You unlock the doors, put the keys in your pocket, and bend over so something else in you pocket pushes the lock button on the fob. I can't tell you how often I have accidentally done this. I wonder if the neighbors notice that the amber lights on my cars flash for mysterious reasons.

I found a rubber O-ring that fits on the fob and (usually) stays between the lock and unlock buttons. It helps but is not 100% effective. On another car I Super-Glued a metal washer over the button to act as a guard. The fob for our cars doesn't lend itself to this idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (bluebell @ Nov 26 2010, 05:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374851
I have recently purchased a 2004 2L Santa Fe and am thrilled with it! But i didnt come with a manual and i know diddly squat about cars!!!!
when i open the boot and change shoes ect after a while the car locks its self, so when i go to get in the door i have to re open/unlock it. Now this doesnt happen always and i havent figured out the reason that it only does it sometimes. i have a dreadful fear that i am going to lock the keys in the boot....
can anyone tell me if i can stop the car locking please
many thanks
I have a 2001 santa fe 2.7 which does the same.
Like said above it will relock if you open it and don't get in. However it also does relock when you open the boot.
I have the car now 3 years and what I figured out is that the following happens.
1) If you are in the car and get out and open the boot and close it, it will not automaticly relock.
2) If you are outside the car and open it with the remote, open the boot, it will automaticly relock.

Like you I am also afraid to leave my keys inside the boot and close it, luckily this never happened to me.

Maurice B)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts