Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried for an hour could not find an easy way to replace the front yellow marker bulb next to the low beam head light. Could use some help on how to more easily replace it. I was able to remove the entire socket assembly on the passenger side after much frustration and cuts but am having a very hard time trying to get it back in. Its a very confined area with no place to work. Also would need help explaining how to replace the passenger side, there is a fuse box with a metal board connected to it with 2 thick wire harnesses coming out of it. How can I replace that marker bulb also? I bought PIAA 168 led bulb as a replacement so I wont have to do this for a VERY long time. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Jubane @ Aug 19 2010, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350579
I tried for an hour could not find an easy way to replace the front yellow marker bulb next to the low beam head light. Could use some help on how to more easily replace it. I was able to remove the entire socket assembly on the passenger side after much frustration and cuts but am having a very hard time trying to get it back in. Its a very confined area with no place to work. Also would need help explaining how to replace the passenger side, there is a fuse box with a metal board connected to it with 2 thick wire harnesses coming out of it. How can I replace that marker bulb also? I bought PIAA 168 led bulb as a replacement so I wont have to do this for a VERY long time. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

Remove the headlamp assembly... 3 bolts I think it is ,,and wiggle the lamp assembly out.... all kinds of room to work after that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 19 2010, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350596
Remove the headlamp assembly... 3 bolts I think it is ,,and wiggle the lamp assembly out.... all kinds of room to work after that. :thumbsup:
:liebe011: I believe I know the two top bolts your talking about but where is the 3rd bolt located? Also the passenger side since that lamp assembly is blocked by a fuse box and metal plate would that side be easy to remove also or does that require me to remove that metal plate? Is there a picture showing the bolts that need to be removed? Lastly once the 3 bolts are removed, does the assembly come out easy or do I need to force it a bit?

Thanks again for the help, I figured there must be a easier way to do that job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was FINALLY able to put those marker lights in, thank you very much for the help. To make it easier it helps if you take the bolt and the phillips shapes plastic holder on top of the radiator off so you can push that front plastic up and give you some room to remove the head light. Later in the day I will take some pictures of the screws and also the LED bulb at night incase anyone wants to replace theirs and not have to worry about replacing that bulb again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Jubane @ Aug 20 2010, 09:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350683
I was FINALLY able to put those marker lights in, thank you very much for the help. To make it easier it helps if you take the bolt and the phillips shapes plastic holder on top of the radiator off so you can push that front plastic up and give you some room to remove the head light. Later in the day I will take some pictures of the screws and also the LED bulb at night incase anyone wants to replace theirs and not have to worry about replacing that bulb again.

Any more info on replacing that parking light? Two Phillips screws on top of the housing but what else holds that headlamp housing in place? Thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm wondering how to get the headlight assemblies out as well. It took me like 2 hours and my hands cut all to **** getting the low beams replaced with HIDs in my 2011. Anybody ever get any pictures on how to get them out?

By the way....love the name Bob A Booey!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts