Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals

Please can some one help me I have a 2005 Accent 1.3 hatchback and the tube that the dip stick goes down has snapped near the engine looks like there is enough to get hold of to remove it but how do I get it out is it pressed in or is there a retaining bolt holding it in

Please help

Graham

·
Registered
105 Posts
i think there is just the one bolt holding the tube itself to the block. i have never had it out myself but, it might have an o-ring at the bottom and should just pull straight out with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think there is just the one bolt holding the tube itself to the block. i have never had it out myself but, it might have an o-ring at the bottom and should just pull straight out with a pair of pliers.
Thank You for your help its very much appreciated will be having ago at it tomorrow hopefully its as easy as it sound

Thanks again
Graham

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for your help its very much appreciated will be having ago at it tomorrow hopefully its as easy as it sound

Thanks again
Graham
Hi Guys
Oil tube all done not to bad of a job ended up removing the sump so I could knock the tube out from underneath the replacement tube and rubber sealing washer was about cost £14.00 the seal to go around the oil sump was the most expensive part but quoted at £30.00 + by Hyundia but managed to get cheaper version from Wilco Motorspares for £12.99 took about 3 hours in total

Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts