Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help with putting back one of the rear removable seats please?

We have bought a second hand replacement seat for the far rear drivers side of our Hyundau Trajet (2000) and we are struggling to get it in!

Basically we cannot work out how to unclip the piece underneath that clips into the floor of the car? The piece with the label on if that makes sense. We can pull it back slightly but it will not come out fully, so we are presuming there is a release or something which we are missing?

Or are we just doing it completely wrong???

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi
I believe this matter is discussed in the user or workshop manuals . download them if you do not have them .

regards

·
Registered
872 Posts
Basically we cannot work out how to unclip the piece underneath that clips into the floor of the car?
Which 'piece' - front or rear ?

For seat installation:

fold the seat, remove headrest. With headrest installed the seat can't be held vertically enough to make the front 'pieces' slide into the floor brackets.

put seat in the front holes in the floor, squeeze the two bars connecting the locking 'pieces' so the front will 'fall' into the holes/brackets, release the bars and the front of the seat will be locked in place. Then just swivel the whole seat to the back. The back 'pieces' then will automatically extend and need to be pushed into the floor brackets with some momentum/force. Nothing to unclip there.

Make sure all is locked well by pushing back and forward, install headrest and go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue myself, but it was the middle seats that i could not get in.

After about 20 minutes of trying to get them in, and being confused as to why i couldn't sit the seats in at 90° (whilst the anchor hooks still made contact to the floor), i realised that the middle seats were also attached on a rail system that allowed them to slide backwards and forwards (just as most front seats are).

My seats were slid all the way forward.

There is a bar unerneath the front of the seat that allows you to slide the chairs. I pulled on the bar and slid the chair all the way back.

Voila!

All i had to do was sit the hooks in, squeeze the 2 bars together (that i squeezed to get them out) and they clicked in :D

Yay.

Hope this helps someone else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts