Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that there are a couple of different non-nav radio options for the car.

There is this style:

And there is this:

Is this a matter of N. American vs Korean built cars?

Does anyone know if the first one I showed has bluetooth? This is in reference to a 2012 Sonata Limited with dimension 7 speaker.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
So I know that there are a couple of different non-nav radio options for the car.

There is this style:

And there is this:

Is this a matter of N. American vs Korean built cars?

Does anyone know if the first one I showed has bluetooth? This is in reference to a 2012 Sonata Limited with dimension 7 speaker.
Both of these radios are for the USDM/CADM YF Sonata, 2011-2013. Either should be fine to replace a dead unit in a non-nav car.

The first unit is the original base radio. It does have bluetooth and XM, with USB/iPod capability. NOTE: do not use this radio on late model 2011 - 2013 cars with BlueLink.

The second unit is the revised base radio. It has all of the above, with the addition of being able to display the turn-by-turn navigation arrows for BlueLink nav.

In summary, if your car has bluelink, use the second radio. If not, use the first. If you want to experiment, use the second radio in a non-BlueLink Sonata and see if it works. I am interested b/c I have the early production car and I hate the way the text is cut off on my radio since the display is smaller.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I do have bluelink and do not use it at all. I am desperate for the second style to work, so I might just take a chance on it. I have a bezel designed to move the head unit down and acomodate an 8" LCD screen install while retaining the factory radio. They do not make the bezel for the second style radio shown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts