Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My CEL came on, so I took the car in. Fixed under warranty, and this is the paperwork I got:

Customer states check engine light is on
Cause: warranty
94460R00 SENDER ASSY-FUEL
413 W
1 94460-1G500 SENDER ASSY-FUEL PUMP
94460RQ0 DIAGNOSTIC TOOL OPERATION
413 W
PARTS: 0.00 LABOR: 0.00 OTHER: 0.00 TOTAL LINE A: 0.00
33108 verified customer concern 94460rq0, 94460r00 0.80 diagnostic data shows that the fuel pressure sender circuit was operating out of range. replaced fuel pressure sender. No more problems found at this time.

---------------------------

Fix me if I'm wrong, but I think they must mean fuel *level* sending unit. Is there such a thing as fuel pressure sending unit? I asked the guy who gave me the paperwork if the CEL code P0461 (because I had that before, and that time they just updated the ECU). The guy said yes, but who knows.

I also asked if the fuel filter was replaced as part of the job, and they said no. This is important, because I have to do it in a few days to maintain warranty.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
94460-xxxxx is a fuel level sender (float thing with arm and rheostat)

Fuel filters is not considered a service part in most instance.. example be that I know of is that if you want fuel filter for CM Santa Fe, you buy the whole pump module... I have one of them new here at the house, missing the fuel level sender.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I thought so. Seriously, how do they want me to trust them if they can't spell out "fuel level sender"?

The fuel filter is maintenance item per manual. 52500 miles or 42 months.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did this job last night, and made some pictures and wrote a DIY. If I want to share it with the community, is this forum the appropriate place for that, or the general do-it-yourself forum? What I did is quite model specific.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Your filter was bought at Oxmoor Hyundai ...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is interesting

I've never noticed the manual mentioning the fuel filter needing replacement every 52.5k miles, but even according to Hyundai's online recommended schedule it comes up for the '08 I work on as well. Nor have I ever noticed any posts where people mention being behind on this and it being a problem. Usually the big thing is the timing belt at 60k and other normal maintenance (coolant, brakes, etc.).

I have to wonder if its really much of an issue or if one can wait a good long time to replace. Despite the debris in the pics of your tank, the majority of gas you get nowadays is pretty "clean" and I've had the same inline fuel filter on my old Jetta for at least 120k miles that I'm aware of without ever needing replacement. That said, gotta wonder why the Hyundai engineers didn't just use a much simpler to replace in-line filter...Maybe they figure this way protects the actual pump better and other parts of the world where the Accent is sold might not have decent fuel stations?

Thanks for the DIY write-up though. Ya never know when someone might need it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also don't think it's necessary, especially because I hit the 42 months with only 33K on the odometer. But I figured I'll play safe for the warranty. Once it expires, I don't think I'll do this job in every 42 months, though it's not that hard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just another thing for the moderator: would it be possible to move the DIY post into a new thread with appropriate title (like "fuel filter DIY with pictures)? People might not find it under the non-descriptive title.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Just another thing for the moderator: would it be possible to move the DIY post into a new thread with appropriate title (like "fuel filter DIY with pictures)? People might not find it under the non-descriptive title.
Please send me a private message as a reminder and I will make your DIY post into a new thread.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,855 Posts
I've got it covered. Great write-up, csab!

I moved that post over to here in the 3G document library and stickied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts