Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive owned a 1993 Hyundai scoupe turbo for about 3 years now. Its mostly stock and has only about 70k miles on it. Now i got a newer car earlier this week. I Like car but since im only 20 and live at home. Everyone at home tells me to scrap it since it needs a new clutch,front bumper,has an exhaust leak and some other things.

I really think its worth more than 100 dollars in its current condition.
What do you think?

I would keep it and upgrade the clutch,turbo,injectors,fuel pump, and ECU.
and keep it as the fun car, since now its not my DD.

But is the resulting fun worth the cost and time?
Should i scrap it??or keep it and wrench on it?

All opinions are welcomed and thanks ahead of time.
Help me make a decision i wont regret.

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
This is a slightly old post, what did you do?

I hung on to a 1985 Corolla GT-S because it was my most favourite car ever. I fixed it for a few years but in New England rust got the better of it, and I also bought a Supra that had few problems. I would have fixed the Corolla if I had the scratch and the time, but I had neither. Besides, look at my "stable"...

If you like the car, it treats you well, and i fun, I'd be all for keeping it. If you can do the work yourself, so much the better. As far as your mods...how many times have I seen "1993 Honda Civic DX, 3,000 miles on engine swap" Uh...why are you selling it?! Just put it back together and drive it. 70,000 miles?! The Accent I just bought has 67,000! Keep it for a fun car!

Says the guy with 6 cars...:D

·
22,777 Posts
I finally let my 1985 CRX Si go last year. I still have feelings for that car. Great times, together. But she's in the hands of a true Honda affectionado, now. And I know she's being treated with lots of TLC. All good. Besides, the guy's a Hyundai tech at my dealer. I get to see her during oil changes, or whenever I get in the mood.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had a 1980 corvette L82 that I had to sell it because my son needed $$$ for college, I did a lot of work to it, it only had 53000 miles on it when I bought it , I completely rebuilt the back end every bushing every bearing I installed an overdrive trans so I could enjoy it on the hwy I put a cam and heads on it I had around 375 hp that was my baby, but now my son graduated and became an R.N. so it was all worth it, a neighbor down the street bought it so I got to see it once and a while, but before I sold it I decided to scare the crap out of my son and took him for a ride down the hwy I put it up to 140mph, he still talks about it and I said yeah the time you screamed like a girl when I took you for a ride:laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts