Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a remote for my 2001 Santa Fe . The seller didn't have programing instructions. Can anyone help me how to program it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes you must use the Hi Scan to program it, this tool will be found at your Hyundai dealer, they should be able to do it, should not take anymore than 40 seconds, just be sure to take along all of your remotes with you otherwise when they code your remote it will cancel the others which will then need recoding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ohhhhhhh.....

I am sorry for you.....same problem with my XG30 and as Dr Hundi and others said...we need that Hi Scan Pro to do it....
do not waste your time.....because I did...

No WAY EXCEPT that Hi Scan..

If....( By mistake or chance ) you found any way...please please please post it with a Big title.

Thanks all. and thank you Dr Hundi.

MMK

·
Registered
329 Posts
The 2001 Santa Fe uses Hyundai's own system, which requires a special tool called a code saver to program for adding a new remote. (Unlike models with Clifford or DEI systems that are programmed direclty using the valet switch).

Depends where you are, Augustus. I know that in Canada or US you'll find that almost any car repair place, or car alarm installer will have the scanner to program your remote. There's even a corner store just down the street from me that does them here.

The process takes almost no time at all so you shouldn't have to pay much to get it done. Someone posting on another subject said his dealer did it for free just as a good will gesture.

plxmmk wasn't so lucky (in Saudi Arabia) and had a very difficult time so I wish you the best.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There is actually a way to do it without utilising the Hi Scan.
It is done by cycling the ignition key 5 times in exactly the same time intervals within 5-10 seconds, however there are very few people who have actually succeeded getting the car into programming mode using this sequence.

Go to someone who has a Hi Scan, that's the easiest way! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Oct 25 2004, 02:20 PM
There is actually a way to do it without utilising the Hi Scan.
It is done by cycling the ignition key 5 times in exactly the same time intervals within 5-10 seconds, however there are very few people who have actually succeeded getting the car into programming mode using this sequence.

Go to someone who has a Hi Scan, that's the easiest way! :)
[snapback]1994[/snapback]​

Please Dr hundi ..please please please.... tell me how to do it by that way....cycling the ignition..? plrase try to put it in detail...please.

I will really aprociate your efforts and I do ...

Thanks all.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thats what you have to do, cycle the ignition on and off 5 times, with the final cycle you will need to switch the ignition back to the on position, to keep the programming mode activated.

Once you have it in programming mode the lights will flash.

Then you hold down the lock and unlock buttons together, then hold down either lock or unlock button, you will need to program all of your remotes once in programming mode.
You cannot just program one, because this will eliminate the other remotes.

The programming sequence cannot take any longer than 20 seconds for the entire procedure. Making this procedure practically impossible!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts