Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help locating my evaporative canister purge valve (solenoid)... 2008 Accent.

Based on my symptoms I believe my valve is stuck open. Past two times when I filled up the gas tank I had a lot of trouble starting the car. It threw a lot of codes, misfires and P0456, ye ole gas cap code. The misfires I attribute to not starting. O0456 I think could also be caused from the purge valve stuck open. I found one at Rock Auto for $28 but am open to suggestions there to.

See attached pics and tell me if I've located the right part please!

TIA,
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
it looks correct, but before you go replacing it.....

guess what i'm going to say here everyone!!

TEST AND CONFIRM ITS BROKEN!!

there are other causes for those codes, i have been down that road with my LC2. if you think its fried open or shut, here's two very easy tests:

- mechanic's stethoscope on it with the engine running. you should hear the valve chattering away. if not, its done.

- pull it out. get some CLEAN tubing and blow into one side. check for passing air on the other with your finger. see if it operates when voltage is applied from battery. check the DTC section on www.hmaservice.com for your code, you'll get more info on that valve and its electrical characteristics.

- check your wiring. torn off wires was the cause of one i fixed, not the valve.

3 easy checks, save yourself some time, money AND do the job right. what's not to like?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts