Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a annoying buzzing noise from the engine at low RPM under load. I have removed the heat shields and it is still there. Read somewhere on this forum about some metal tubes under the brake booster that could cause the rattling. Its driving me crazy, any ideas?

Overall car has been reliable and enjoyable. I am at 121K with no major issues.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
That was a technical service bulletin quite a while ago. If you look at the firewall you'll see a plastic bracket securing a couple tubes. If you have a bad bracket it will probably be unclamped, it snaps tight to secure the tubes. I know it affected 2011 models, and maybe 2012, but I think it was rectified during that year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, the pdf doesn't open. Can you point to any other link? My 2011 Hyundai Sonata is having the same issue. It is at 69K miles with no other issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My ‘17 2.0T Sonata does the same thing on low viscosity oil. It’s called LowSpeed Pre-Ignition. I found out about it on “Bob is the oil guy” forum. Allegedly common to high output low small displacement engines.
Since I switched to Castrol Edge 5w-40 motor oil, it’s virtually disappeared. Using top tier 93 octane fuel further mitigates it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I located the location of the noise. It is due to some broken plastic part above brake pedal. Can someone help me identify the part number?

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you are referring to the heater duct. Looks like some tie wraps and/or glue would do the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts