Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i ease off the gas in D i hear a clunking noise (not too loud) from the drivers side (and even feel a it a bit in the pedal) over the slightest road imperfections in the road. it is not as loud as bad strut mount noises i have heard on other cars. sounds somewhat like what slightly loose lug nuts sound like except its intermittent.

could it be the ball joints?

thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do not hear it when accelerating/ascending in speed only as i ease off the throttle. doesnt CV sound all the time when its going/gone bad?

·
Read Only
538 Posts
when i ease off the gas in D i hear a clunking noise over the slightest road imperfections in the road.
This leads me to think it's a suspension issue. Letting off the pedal, everything leans forward.

Is there a noise on a smooth road surface?

·
Registered
8 Posts
when i ease off the gas in D i hear a clunking noise (not too loud) from the drivers side (and even feel a it a bit in the pedal) over the slightest road imperfections in the road. it is not as loud as bad strut mount noises i have heard on other cars. sounds somewhat like what slightly loose lug nuts sound like except its intermittent.

could it be the ball joints?

thanks
i went today and had dealer check my 2006 sonata and i was having same issue with clunking noise so i been looking and didnt see nothing so they looked at it and my upper control arm is bad gonna be 380.00 after parts and labor but didnt do it yet gotta wait for money to do the work hope this helps you

·
Registered
205 Posts
i went today and had dealer check my 2006 sonata and i was having same issue with clunking noise so i been looking and didnt see nothing so they looked at it and my upper control arm is bad gonna be 380.00 after parts and labor but didnt do it yet gotta wait for money to do the work hope this helps you
3 bolts on each side and 40 dollars for the pair on Rockauto.com. Nice simple project to do and saving $340 isn't too shabby either.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
False alarm. It was loose caliper bracket screws (from when I was changing wheel studs)
Thanks for the input. N I def hope I dont have to change the arms anytime soon.

Happy turkey day

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The good news was you tracked the problem down yourself, then you were big enough to admit it was a problem you caused and gave the thread closure in the appropriate manner. Everybody won. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts