Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!

First of all, I suck at tires. I don't know much about them.

My stock tires are dead and I need to remove those winter tires so I can finally drive my Accent properly.

I'm thiking about 215/45ZR16. I have the stock 16 inches wheels from Hyundai.

I think I found the right tires for me : Hankook Ventus R-S2

Would you agree with me?

I'm still not sure about the size.

Would you have something else to suggest? I can't go higher than ~100$ per tires.

Thank you very much! ;)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hankook's are one of the Hyundai-Kia factory tires, reliable, but not outstanding. With the $100 cap, you're not looking at any HP or UHP tires.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If your going to order form the states order from discounttire. Great service and free shipping in the states. You're a little ways out, but if you don't mind driving, what a lot of ottawa peoople do is have them mailed to the ups store in ogdensburg and pick them up themselves from the states. All you have to pay are the taxes at the border.

If you go with the standard size (205/45/16) you have a lot more, and cheaper, options.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Those are a great ace-in-the-hole if you're in a road circuit. It starts raining, pit and swap, back to racing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the rs2 z212s are an excellent tire, very popular with the auto-x crowd along with the falken azenis 615 due to there superior grip and stiff sidewalls, i have a set myself and couldn't be happier, excellent grip in the dry and solid performance in the wet as well. just keep in mind they are not by any means an all season tire, and will wear much quicker than one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
527 Posts
bland
's right Discount tire distributors have great prices on tires and usually free delivery.I replaced my 14's with Falken Ziex Ze-912's 185-65-14 very good so far excellent traction,wet or dry,65,000 mile treadwear for 60 series or above ,45,000 55 series and lower . Mine cost $205 delivered for 4,Kat has them in a 205-55-15 also I think.

·
Registered
709 Posts
If you are on a budget I highly recommend Nexen N7000 (all season) or Nexen N3000 (summer).
The N7000 are the best tire for the money that I have spent in a looooooong time.
Also Nitto NT555 summer only can be had within your budget if you shop around.

tires I have experience with:

Nexen N7000 - best all season tire I have owned HANDS DOWN! almost the grippiest all season I have owned, and maintains their grip until they run out of tread
falken ziex-512 - did not like, had good grip but the side wall was stiff enough for me
falken ziex-912 - improvement over the 512 in every way, good value for the money
nitto NT555 - excellent grip with these! but they wear fast and are death traps towards the end of their life
sumitomo htr4+ - solid tire, very very predictable you can tell exactly when its going to lose traction.
This was my favorite tire for rain and snow. Not the grippiest tire but I felt they were safe because they break traction gradually and predictably. They never "surprised" me.

tires getting good reviews lately:
nexen N3000 - summer only
kumho ecsta ASX

also if you buy your tires online, go to walmart to have them mounted and balanced. I can find no where that even comes close to their price.
Theres alot more out there I just havent had to shop for tires in a few months.
If you care about tire weight toyo's are almost always the lightest tire in the respective class, but I think the price for most toyos would be out side your budget.

btw I found this thread about edgeracing.com - if this is true, this sux! They had the best prices
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/garage/1407...racing-com.html

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have the nexen n5000 and i like them alot. they hold the road really well and I haven't have them even threaten to hydroplane on me. 460 treadwear doesn't hurt and i think i paid 55/tire on nouglytire.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts