Hyundai Forums banner

Help - Map SD card version for 2016 Santa FE SE ultimate

11K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  sanjaym23 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I need help identifying the map SD card version for my 2016 Santa FE SE ultimate (7 seater). I bought the per owned car and forgot to check the maps at the time of purchase. When I asked the dealer later he said since it was not given by previous owner so it is not included. I checked online but the cost is ~$230 on mapnsoft website. I searched online and see many cards available for ~$100 on eBay but I am not sure about the compatibility. I tried to google to find but no luck. Pls share if anyone knows how can we find which SD card version will fit in the car. Thanks in advance!!

~Sam

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
if vehicle came with owner's manual, see if it has SD card at very last page. I bought pre owned as well and SD card case was glued onto very last page of owners manual. (and my SD card was there).
if not, i think you'll need to purchase one for $230. I believe each map SD cards tied to specific VIN# and ones on eBay might not work.

#3 ·
Thnx jyk1981 for the reply!! I tried to check in the back of the manual and there is a slot but no SD card so either the previous owner or the dealer removed the card. Also you might be right but what if someone loses the SD card then do they need to pay heavily for the maps? I really doubt that and considering so many listing on eBay makes me think that those SD card should work fine, only thing I need to know which one is the compatible one. Thanks again!!

#4 ·
MnSoft makes the maps for Kia and Hyundai. Those maps on E-bay. Would highly recommend to STAY AWAY. I have done 3 map updates with the SD cards on 3 different cars. Do you know what the SD stands for.... Secure Digital. They work by having a hidden area on the SD card that.. at this time, no one has been able to crack. So you can't copy or fake the cards.

MsSoft REQUIRES you to use their web site as you must have your VIN when you order. You can call but spend time getting the exact VIN # via a phone call could be a problem. The SD card is processed to check the car's VIN and that SD card is legal and paid for ! If you get the wrong VIN, you get an error message.
Other cars use different ways to update maps and most cars companies charge the same amount or more.

MnSoft did, allow you to download the map to your current SD card. I guess they had problems and they are back to charging $50 for a SD card.

I thought you had to have the SD card in the slot for the GPS to work, or is that the problem. Can't believe a dealer did not get the card when they bought the car !
I would complain to Hyundai ! ! But you bought a used car, you didn't have a 5 day return policy ? Kind of a trashy dealership to hit you with $230 on your NEW car...

#6 ·
Thanks MButkus for the detailed reply! I still don't think that it is tied to car VIN number coz when I try to order the SD Card from MapnSoft website, in the ordering process no where it asks for the car VIN number. It just asks the model and year information.

Below is the information I pulled from my car (settings -> update software)
S/W VER.: NC.USA.SOP.14.051
FIRMWARE VER.: NC.USA.00.135.150617
NAVI APP VER: DM.USA.00.15061714
MAP VER.
DEVICE ID 2372917956

If anyone has 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe SE Ultimate with maps, pls check this information and share the SD Card version number.

Thanks in adv!!

#7 · (Edited)
It seems w w w.mapnsoft.com allows you to download the map again, saving you $50 ! You can use your SD from your car.

My mistake, if you get the SD card from them, it will install without any VIN. If you DOWNLOAD the file, to protect that you don't "share" that file, when you install it and the GPS asks for a CODE and are told to go on their web site.
There is a code on the car screen you must copy, insert this number and your VIN on their web site, you will get a confirmation code to continue the install. So the download has a code just for your download. Giving that file to someone else will create the same code and I will assume you will get an error message stating this code was already used.
Like I said, it's locked real good for downloads. The new SD card you get can't be copied. I have check into this and this is why it's called a Secure Digital card.

So Sanik there is no "program" to copy and get yours working again. If the SD card is missing or corrupt in the dash, I believe the GPS won't work.
I would call mapnsoft to see if your GPS is dead due to software (bad SD card) or hardware. All the needed files on the card are hidden.
My wife's GPS died (blank screen but it played the radio) and we got it replaced under warranty some 2 years ago.

Read the install instructions for downloads... There are instructions for buying the SD card. Basically it's start car, install and wait 40 min while you waste gas.
Have no phones or BlueTooth devices near when installing.
http://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/media/images/manual/Hyundai_Gen4.pdf

2016 Sonata and Hybrid use the same part (card) number 121S4B
My Nav version: ST4.NAM.HMC.1706060106589
My map version: 10.47.43.712.006.2
I updated my map in August 2017 before a vacation to TN.
So the version they offer is newer then my install date, and newer then the original map when the car was sold.
I do believe you need the card that installed the GPS program in that specific car. In 2013, when my wife was buying her car, the dealers were taking out the GPS cards. They found out that you had to put back that specific GPS card back in that specific car.

#8 ·
My AVN not boot propertly, default shell not start. I can only exit to Windows CE.
I think, that updates from Mnsoft including firmware update, not only map update. In my country USA maps useless.
Have you at root folder of your updated sd card files *.hdr, install.exe or only folders with maps? Can you see?

#9 ·
Thank you everyone who shared their comments! I have an update on it and thought to share with everyone just in case if anyone is also looking for a cheaper option. So I did some analysis and could find the exact matching OEM part number for the SD card. Below are the links which will be helpful identifying the part number compatible for your car:
1) w ww. mapnsoft .co m/ hyundai/sdmatrix/
Here you'll find the part number for the SD card

2) w ww. hyundaioemparts .co m
The above link can be used to make sure that the SD card (identified thru link #1) will fit your vehicle.

I then searched the part number on eBay and found a seller selling the same card for $60. I messaged the dealer and he offered a hassle free return in case if it doesn't work for my car. But as I was expecting because the part number was compatible with card as soon as I inserted it to the card slot it worked like a charm. So SD cards are not tied to VIN number. Only thing you need to find is the correct SD card part number and your vehicle should have navigation package.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Sanjay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.