Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife mangled the black plastic under the car just behind the bumper. Took it to the dealer and they did a little repair but the part will need to be replaced.

I can't seem to locate the name or the part number. I think it has to be somewhere in body hardware but I'm stumped. I did find the one for the Touring model and they called it an "Under Cover".

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 1.8L L4 - GAS

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you are talking about the front bumper cover, the plastic shield is the splash shield, or on the parts diagram it's called a front shield, it's located under the radiator support its number 4 on the diagram, it's easy to replace your self it's just screw's in the front and a couple plastic push pins to the rear of the shield.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think that is it. I was looking in the Bumper section, didn't think to look in Radiator.

Guy at the parts dept. was a little cagey as he knew I was trying to locate it online. He said it was $19 which seems to also point to the part you mention.

Not sure how she damaged it. Seems she would have had to back up over a parking block or something but she doesn't remember.

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Parts counter fella can look it up for you.. panels under front is undercovers, they have their own diagram on MICROCAT in the ENGINE section.. Look at the catalog page with the fella and point to it.

Majority of that stuff has the part number molded into the plastic as part of injection mold marking..

Part number I think is 29110-3Y000,, just uner $20

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Yep FRONT SHIELD for 2012 Hyundai Elantra|29110-3Y000

Shipping will make it higher than if I buy at my dealer. Anyone know any online Hyundai parts sellers with free shipping?
Get the part at a local Hyundai dealer.. Hyundai PDC for Central Region is right there in Aurora along the 88 just yards east of the Orchard Rd exit.. big blue Hyundai logo on building as you drive the highway there. No need to take it any farhter.. if it show up damaged, dealer take care of it, shipping damage from online vendor, how long it going to take to remedy ? Wrong part show up ??

Support the local dealer.

·
22,792 Posts
Not sure how she damaged it. Seems she would have had to back up over a parking block or something but she doesn't remember.
I can offer a scenario leading up to the moment it happened: You see, there was the big banner over a shoe store that read "Clearance- 75% off. Everything MUST go!" LOL

It's pretty common knowledge that a woman's memory is purged of all cognizance 5 minutes before, and 5 minutes after having been a participant in ANY sale. Right, Holly?

At least that plastic part isn't going to drain the lifeblood from your wallet. You could recoup the expense by selling some of her out-dated shoes in a yard sale. At great peril to your life, however. Don't ask how I know these things!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I can offer a scenario leading up to the moment it happened: You see, there was the big banner over a shoe store that read "Clearance- 75% off. Everything MUST go!" LOL

Got one even better...

Toyota dealer I worked from '89-92, the GM took a Supra as his demo.

He live down street from us, and I was out and about, seen him and the car at the quikie mart on the corner.. they have a nice tall concrete curb in front that he pulled up to and put the chin of the Supra into/over the tall curb, then backed away.. he brought car into shop to inspect front for damages.. happened with Celica owners too, low sitting front plastic air dams/bumper cover decorations are not friendly with curbs, parking blocks..

·
supporting vendor
246 Posts

·
supporting vendor
246 Posts
Will do though Doral Hyundai is around the corner for me. I need help with part numbers and Doral doesn't want to bother to help me. Do I ask for you???
We're actually in Miami Lakes! (Potamkin Hyundai)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts