Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the brakes on all four wheels of my 06. I replaced the rotors and pads all the way around with Powerstop parts. I got them from RockAuto.COM as a complete set. The rotors were made in China generic looking things and the pads were Powerstop Evolution Ceramic Disc Brake pads.

Anywho, I drove around to bed the brakes after getting them installed and now the passenger front tire as a small "rotational squeal" when you are lightly braking.

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on what this might be before I pull the tire off for inspection..

Oh, one more thing, I'll admit this up front. I did not put any grease on the back of the pads. This was mostly due to I wasn't sure exactly where or how much grease to use. Oh, and one more thing, I am no where close to being a mechanic. I just retired and I have to try and save money where I can. You will be seeing a lot of posting from me in the future lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

But I still don't know how much and where to put it. I'll go get a couple little packs.

I actually took off the tire today to check things out and everything looked ok. I did notice one side of the lug nuts were much looser than the other side (the last thing I did when I finished the brakes was go around with a lug wrench and check all the lugs, go figure) so when I put the tire back on, I made extra sure they were all tight. So far the squeak hasn't come back.

I digress. I still want to pull the tires off and add the grease if someone can give me some details about where and how much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
But I still don't know how much and where to put it. I'll go get a couple little packs.

Thanks.
I think the correct term is "shims"
it's the thin metal part between pad and the actual part that clamps.
Just put a dab of about a quarter size and that should really do it.

Oh, one more thing, one of these will help you take the guessing game out of over tightening or under tightening your lug nuts.

1/4" Torque Wrench - 20-200 in. lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts