Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Accent, 4 Door. People can let me out of the driver's seat from the outside door handle, but my inside handle moves smoothly but does not open the door from inside anymore. Manual windows and manual doors.
I cannot locate a door / lock assembly sketch/manual/drawing.
Does this door have those stupid metal rods like Chrysler, or does it have cables like you have on bicycle handbrakes?
1- Diagram of what things look like before I tear the door off?
2- Suggested supplier of door opening rods/cables?
3- Is it worth the time to try and install an electric lock while I've got the door torn apart?
4- Body service manual somewhere that covers door repair?
I feel like John-boy Walton having to roll down the window and use the exterior door handle to get out of the car, so any help appreciated before the monsoons hit!
Thanks!

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
As for getting inside. The screws will have a trim cover. The main ones are by the handle. They screw into the inner door frame.

You might try Youtube for a video.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,159 Posts
Does this door have those stupid metal rods like Chrysler, or does it have cables like you have on bicycle handbrakes?
It has stupid bicycle brake cables that stretch and snap. A solid rod (like the older Hyundai models have) does neither. But it might just have come adrift from the handle and need reattached....a 10min job.

johnnyelectron said:

johnnyelectron said:
Your local Hyundai dealer.

johnnyelectron said:
3- Is it worth the time to try and install an electric lock while I've got the door torn apart?
Nope.

johnnyelectron said:
THIS is for the later model but it wont be much different to your car.

johnnyelectron said:
I feel like John-boy Walton having to roll down the window and use the exterior door handle to get out of the car
Just climb through the window like Bo & Luke Duke :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
2010 Accent, 4 Door. People can let me out of the driver's seat from the outside door handle, but my inside handle moves smoothly but does not open the door from inside anymore. Manual windows and manual doors.
I cannot locate a door / lock assembly sketch/manual/drawing.
I feel like John-boy Walton having to roll down the window and use the exterior door handle to get out of the car, so any help appreciated before the monsoons hit!
Thanks!
Front Door Components/Repair Procedures attached.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts