Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my new stereo system, a Kenwood head unit and speakers, and I can't get my steering wheel adapter to connect to the car. It's the awsc-1, I've checked connections multiple times and everything should be good, but it won't recognize the car being there. I get power, lights, and the box confirms a connection to the radio and it's the correct one, but does not see the steering wheel control input. I've tried several alternate wires and combinations as well as cutting pin 4 and wiring directly to the axxess harness in case the connection in the factory harness was the issue, but nothing is recognizing from the car. I will take it back and try a different unit in case something is broken in the one I just bought, but I'm thinking there's an error in the wiring instructions. Someone with this kind of setup please help!

2012 Sonata SE
Non-navigation
Kenwood KMM-B518HD

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just want to confirm, It has detected that it was hooked up to the car and that it also auto detected the Kenwood?

You should not have to cut the wire on pin 4 but thats not important, its not hooked to the Kenwood radio, are all our connections soldered?

By the way is the pin 4 wire thin and green, light green or something similar?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all crimp capped, but pin 4 was light brown on the car's harness, green and orange on the Metra harness coming from the car.

The radio is detected fine, but it's not seeing anything from the steering wheel output, which worked 100% before taking the factory radio out.

I'm wondering if there's something wrong in the instructions or if I just can't count. The pin 4 I used is exactly as pictured in axxess instructions for the aswc-1, I went to the factory wire because I was concerned the molex connection in the harness was loose or not connecting.

I do not have a soldering iron, btw, but I've installed the same parts on other cars to great effect and never had this issue before at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, it's not detecting the car at all, just drawing power, so my 12v and grounds are good, just no signal from the steering wheel. I tried other wires in frustration, and the aswc-1 detects blue-grey but that results in an error as well. I just end up with the constant red-green flashing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Your right it is brown, I just looked it up

This is pin side pic not wire side

and pin 4 is the correct position

My have a defective unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts