Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2008 2.4 lots of movement in front sway bar so trying to change bushing. Have it on a hoist and still can’t get to the rear bolts to remove them have 3 different socket sets power ratchet and different spanner sets.
Is there a DIY wright up on this or pictures as I have not been able to find one?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You will likely have to lower rear portion of subframe from body to gain needed clearance.. Might be faster to drop frame, leaving it hang by the outer ball joints

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I had put car up on a hoist and had to lower the engine crate to get to it. It's kind of a pita. If someone else has a better method, plz post.
I went ahead and changed mine to moogs though since I was in there. It was, however, not the problem for my squeak...but I am glad I was able to change it anyways.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sub frame...

You will likely have to lower rear portion of subframe from body to gain needed clearance.. Might be faster to drop frame, leaving it hang by the outer ball joints
sbr711, Is it impossible to do without dropping the frame or simply much easier? When I worked as a line mechanic I loved to figure out how to do many things without doing what "they" said "had to be done." :rolleyes: I have not scampered under my Sonata yet so I am not familiar with it... yet. Did I really just say scampered?

One of my favorite was replacing the spark plugs in the old 390/429 ci Mustangs. I got to where I could do it twice as fast as the undo the motor mounts and lift the engine. Aw the good ole days! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts