Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I was driving into a parking spot when a protruding piece of metal took my tire. Replacing the tire with a used one ( for now) the TPMS light stayed on and the little indicator that says my tire pressure is low. They are both simultaneously on. I think the place who put on the tire messed something up. This is my problem. The dealer wants $98.00 US to reset the sensor and 140 for a new sensor if needed, plus the 98 to install it. Now I need your help. Does any one know how to do this myself? I mean how to get the lights off? Is it possible to disable the system somehow itself? Please need all feedback I dont know what to do

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Well, considering my DEALERSHIP mounted and balanced my new tires a few months ago and they've repeatedly tried to turn off the TPMS light on my dash to no avail, I'd say it's no big deal. Just keep an eye on your tires air just like you would have prior to 2008. It's no biggie.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Jun 30 2010, 01:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337349
Well, considering my DEALERSHIP mounted and balanced my new tires a few months ago and they've repeatedly tried to turn off the TPMS light on my dash to no avail, I'd say it's no big deal. Just keep an eye on your tires air just like you would have prior to 2008. It's no biggie.
I know lol but its so annoying lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
well, if you have a discount tire in your area, I know they reset mine w/ no charge when I had to get 2 new tires so I'd call them and ask them if they could do it for you, if they are in your area of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow... I guess I lucked out on the TPMS. I once had a flat tire and pumped it back up and the TPMS signal went away. Then I drove to a private tire store and had all 4 tires changed while I was at it and the TPMS never came back on again. Hyundai really needs to do something about this... -.- And since they're asking for money, I assume the TPMS isn't under warranty or something?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly I guess not however they always want to nickel and dime you. Herr in NYC they want 140 dollars to change the cabin air filter, my dealer calls It a special service and we all know how easy and cheap the job is really

·
Registered
54 Posts
$140????? what thieves.

the filter is like 20$. and takes what, 5 minutes to install?

i just did mine the other night but i used a piece of home furnace all natural/washable cut to fit. seems to work great. that whole piece cost me 3.00. i can make at least 4 filters out of it.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts