Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. Considering a 2011 genesis 4.6 sedan. It’s a great deal BUT it will not start. The dealer does not know why other than an ecu issue. In the back seat is an empty ecu box and a ecu that’s not new. He can’t say if the new ecu is in the car- or if the used one in the back seat came from the car. Argh. It’s only got 100k and I do believe that it’s an ECU issue of some sort.

I figured I’d just buy another ecu from car-part but there are several listed for an 11 4.6 and I have no way of knowing which one is the right part # for the car. Any suggestions? if someone put a new ECU in the car would it work straight off or need programming?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,597 Posts
Considering a 2011 genesis 4.6 sedan. It’s a great deal BUT it will not start.
That sounds like a great reason to stop considering it.

Carnut1969 said:
The dealer does not know why other than an ecu issue.
They're selling it cheap for a reason. If the dealer can't fix it what makes you think your gonna be able to?

Carnut1969 said:
In the back seat is an empty ecu box and a ecu that’s not new...I do believe that it’s an ECU issue of some sort.
Sounds like someone has already tried replacing the ECU and that obviously hasn't fixed it.

Carnut1969 said:
I figured I’d just buy another ecu from car-part
I'm sure if it was that easy to fix the dealer would have done it and wouldn't be selling the car at the bargain price.

Carnut1969 said:
if someone put a new ECU in the car would it work straight off or need programming?
Depends. Does it have a keyed ignition or is it push button start? Push button start would need the smart key programmed to the replacement ECU.

Carnut1969 said:
Any suggestions?
This might be a great deal for someone who knows how engine management systems work and who has the equipment & knowledge to diagnose the problem. If that's not you I suggest you walk away.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I get what you’re saying but it’s probably too good of a deal to pass up. I’ll let you know how it turns out

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,597 Posts
Yeah I get what you’re saying but it’s probably too good of a deal to pass up. I’ll let you know how it turns out
I guess they're practically giving it away if your going to take a chance on it.
I do hope you manage to get it running. Good Luck.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts