Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I own a 2008 2.2 diesel Hyundai Santa fe. I have a fuse that keeps blowing and I cannot identify what the fuse does? I have attached a picture of the fuses it's the one infront which keeps blowing Hoping somebody can help me identify what the fuse is used for?? It doesn't appear in any vehicle manual and I cannot find anything online??

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes from the positive battery terminal and the fuse is in the middle then the wire drops down into a another loom that where one end goes into the fuse box and the other into a loom which goes down into another area (I can't really tell where this wire goes). I have just replaced the alternator and have issues with the battery not charging so I wondered whether this could be at fault

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,413 Posts
Towbars usually have a couple of power feeds run to the back of the car, so maybe that's what the additional fuses are for.

I assume the car has two sockets at the back for the towbar, one with a black cap and one with a grey/white cap? The socket with the gray/white cap is usually the one that has the additional power supplies, so you can use a voltmeter or test light to check the three supplies to see if any are missing...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Autospark, spot on mate thanks for the reply, I took it to the garage because of the non charging battery and I had a maxi fuse blown, this got fixed and this has also stopped the fuse from blowing. Have not towed in it yet so wouldn't have noticed the problem before

1 - 8 of 8 Posts