Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heloo
i am new in this forum.i want to buy one of hyundaies car.i like accent and elantra model
now i want to ask you wich model is better?
please answer my request
thank you very much
my name is masood from iran-tabriz :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Masood;

It depends what you want and what fits your needs.

The Accent is smaller, cheaper and gets better gas mileage. The most common thing I've heard from Accent owners is they would like a bit more power.

The Elantra is larger, more comfort, more power and more options - but it costs more and won't be as economical to run.

The Elantra's bigger engine (135 hp) is also a plus if you will be using your air conditioning a lot of the time.

For reliability and quality they both seem about the same. - Duke or DR Hundi might be able to give a better insight on that -

If you are looking for a good family car - eg travelling around with two adults and a couple of kids, I'd recommend the Elantra.

If you are looking for something that will get you back and forth to work and it's going to be just an adult or two most of the time, the Accent will probably fit your needs.

I personally find the Elantra is better for highway driving - a much smoother and quieter ride. But the Accent is nice in town and a bit easier to get in and out of tight parking spots.

What sort of price differential are you looking at? in Canada you will generally pay around $2,000 more for a new Elantra than the Accent - the 2005 Accent GL 4 door auto comfort package lists at $16,000 and the Elantra VE - with all the options comes out at just over $18,000.

Hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts