Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first time to post here, I change the bulb of the baggage (back) of my Hyundai Getz and it short circuited the bulb. Now my Radio, clock, dome light as well as the baggage light is not working.

How do I fix it? Please help me..

Thanks and more power.

·
1,462 Posts
It seems you blew fuse No. 29 in the passenger compartment fuse box.

Check this fuse and replace if blown. If it happens again, it means the luggage light fixture is shorted and should be repaired or replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the Audio fuse on the driver's side and its ok, I also tried replacing the fuse but still NO GO.

Any other suggestion on how to fix the - NO CLOCK, NO AUDIO ISSUE?

Thanks,

·
1,462 Posts
I checked the Audio fuse on the driver's side and its ok, I also tried replacing the fuse but still NO GO.

Any other suggestion on how to fix the - NO CLOCK, NO AUDIO ISSUE?

Thanks,

That is very interesting:

The clock and audio are controlled by the same fuse (No. 8)

The trunk and dome lights are controlled by fuse No. 29.

I suggest checking this fuses too. If all fuses are OK, I guess its time to contact an auto-electric technitian.

Here's the fuse box reference from the service manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robert B., Thanks for the diagram, this is very helpful. I checked fuse 8 and 9, they are all good. I was not able to check fuse 29 since I don't know where to look for it. I will check it tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, in the diagram there is <FRONT> AND <REAR> diagram, where can I find the rear fuse box?

Thanks again and more power.

·
1,462 Posts
The "REAR" box is behind the main fuse box (passenger compartment). To reach it, you will have to remove the lower section of the dashboard, under the steering column. anyway, I don't think your problem is related to this section.

Fuse Np. 29 is at the top right of the main fuse box (passenger compartment) above fuses 25 and 26. It is positioned horizontally and it has a special fuse holder. To remove it, you have to squeeze both sides of the holder. Its a bit tricky but you can get it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Robert B. I already fixed the problem. you are right its fuse 29 in a yellow housing, its a bit tricky to remove it but I managed to pry it.

Now, my clock, stereo, dome and luggage lights are all working.

You're a great help, it saves me money going to the shop to have it check.

Thank you very much and more power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I changed my getz stereo and it was working, but suddenly it stopped working with the clock and inside lights as well. So i checked the fuse 29 and change it (because actually it was broken), which solved the lights problem, but the radio and stereo are still not working. Any ideas whats going on?

·
1,462 Posts
I changed my getz stereo and it was working, but suddenly it stopped working with the clock and inside lights as well. So i checked the fuse 29 and change it (because actually it was broken), which solved the lights problem, but the radio and stereo are still not working. Any ideas whats going on?
In your question you can find the answer. You changed the stereo, which later blew the fuse. Now you replaced the fuse and the lights and clock are working but the stereo is not... The problem is in your stereo! Its either blown, shorted or some of the connections done are shorted, frayed or broken, which caused the fuse to blow in the first place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixed

Thanks very much guys, solved the "fuse 29" problem!!!!

Symptoms: Radio, internal lights, radio, clock, alarm, doors not working
Fix: Just replace fuse 29 (internal fuse box, below the driving wheel).

Which one is fuse 29? See picture below!

Cheers
Marcelo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firstly thanks RBURGOSS I had the same issue as Myprime which is now fixed due to your help.
Stereo, clock, interior light and luggage compartment light not working which happened after 1 attempt of entering the (correct) security code after the battery had been removed.
A couple of differences though was that in mine the fuse box is located under the steering wheel near the drivers right knee (Australia Right hand drive) not on the passenger side. When looking at the fuse box the top right hand side 15 amp mini bayonet fuse is for the radio, in my case this was fine.
The yellow fuse holder (in my case located) lower left of the fuse box (pic above is upside down hence top right) also contains a 15 amp mini bayonet fuse which had blown. The yellow holder does not come all the way out just far enough to disengage the 15A mini bayonet fuse. Then a bit of a struggle to remove it from the holder. Once this was replaced all the aforementioned items were working and again I entered the code and this time no blown fuse so now all good.
Re the code I had to remove the stereo to get the last 4 digits of the serial # then add 1212 to that number in my case the last 4 digits were 1624 so adding 1212 I had to enter 2836 using the station preset tabs 1 thru 4 ( i.e. 1 for the 1st digit of 2 / 2 for the 2nd digit of 8 etc...) then press 5 for entering the code & I thought the fuse had blown again as the numbers on the stereo disappeared but on turning it on via the normal nob voila she was working.
Re removing the stereo in my case I had to remove the shroud that surrounds the facia of the stereo using a nornal butter knife, then using a second knife inserted each on the left & right hand side of the stereo between the 2 metal plates to release the clips and using the knives as pullers - inched it fwd until it was released where I could now see the 8 digit serial # (the one lower right side of the bar code - to the right of the (21) remeber you only need the last 4 digits and add 1212) the wiring is short so it can be difficult but with patience possible. Suggest writing down the code on your manual or some other place so you don't have to remove it again on next battery change out etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar thing on a 2009 RHD Getz 1.4. We went away for a month or so and a mate tried to jump start my daughters Getz. He got the leads crossed and in a shower of sparks managed to blow the 120A battery fuse - watch these, they are screwed in, not push like all the others.

Anyway - his first mistake was he replaced the 120A with a 20A. Didn't take long for that to pop so he left the car till we got home. Figured the battery fuse out but the spares guys commented that the 120A and the 20A are the same colour (white) - he didn't think that was kosher but we popped a new 120A back in and the car starts and runs.

Next problem was no Audio, Clock, Interior Light or Central locking. Had me confused as I checked almost every other fuse in both blocks. Found the "C/Light" 25A blown but my other daughter is a smoker and I figured that the lighter had cooked off the fuse. At least now the USB chargers will work.

I then found @darkroom's post in the Lantra forum but also someone stated "Have a look at the manual". Actually the manual is brilliant, you can try to decipher the "Power/FNLP" symbol on the fuse box cover legend -or- you can RTFM where it says "Audio, Interior, Clock, Locking". The Power/FNLP is yellow in a Getz on the bottom row of the interior fuse box. The difference is that it is a short, about 25mm, bar with at 10A fuse sort of "held" in the center. As mentioned earlier, it is installed so that the battery isn't drained by low level accessories during delivery. The dealer just pops the lid of the internal box and pushes the bar, with its embedded fuse, back in and bingo it all works.

You have to work the 10A out of the yellow bar with a tiny ("jewellers"?) screwdriver but the new one just slots in a it all comes back to life again.

Thanks to all the guys who post their fixes online. Makes life so much easier and I don't have to deal with tradesmen for what turns out a 10 minute fix with stock parts. Appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The "REAR" box is behind the main fuse box (passenger compartment). To reach it, you will have to remove the lower section of the dashboard, under the steering column. anyway, I don't think your problem is related to this section.

Fuse Np. 29 is at the top right of the main fuse box (passenger compartment) above fuses 25 and 26. It is positioned horizontally and it has a special fuse holder. To remove it, you have to squeeze both sides of the holder. Its a bit tricky but you can get it out.
thanks
RBURGOSS
it wose helpful to me as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts