Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing the stock head unit in my 2012 Elantra Gls (without Nav) with a double din alpine one. I had taken apart the dash and everything was going fine. I had connected all my wires from the radio to the adapter with those crimping butt connecters. Everything was ready so i plug in the wire harnesses and antenna etc. I reconnect the battery and as I'm putting the wires behind the radio and sliding it into place

some of the wires must have slipped out of the butt connecters...I hear a sizzle and smell a slight burning smell... the head unit won't turn on now(like it doesn't even have power). DID THIS FRY MY HEAD UNIT? I checked the fuse on the Alpine and the ones in the car and none are blown which I know is a bad sign.

I appreciate any help I can get on this.


fml.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,346 Posts
I'd pull it out and have a good look at the wiring. Replacing a head unit is the cost of the unit. Replacing the wiring harness...:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. after I get off work today I'm gonna check all the individual wires carefully on the harness and pray that that's whats broken lol.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top