Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 diesel santa fe suddenly failed to start no prior warnings etc,ive had a new hp fuel pump fitted and a erg valve still wont start
Ive had the key checked by Hyundai and the say its ok
I noticed theres no fuel coming out of the fuel filter so have traced the lines to the tank upon removing the lines i found theres no fuel leaving the pump under the rear seat ive removed the pump and the filters clean (i presume this is the pump although there no wires to it)
As anyone any ideas please:eek:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Henny,
I'm puzzled. You say there are no wires attached to the pump ??
Of course it needs a voltage power to start working!! Otherwise it cannot pump fuel for the engine so no go for the engine.
Do read the next thread " No starting 2007 diesel ...." of jeremyisme.
When the new pump was fitted, did they forget to hook it up to the voltage wire, coming from the fuel pump relay, or did it come loose ( and lost) ???
It should be found at the tank fuel pump location!!
Certainly you need to check it and find that wire, otherwise you will never going to start the engine..
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are only 3 wires going to the unit that sits in the tank 2 are for the fuel indicator the 3rd goes to a small pcb ajacent to the lever that actuates the fuel level i cannot see any other wiring to this unit
the only other wires in this area are on top of the tank and are not connected to anything any ideas

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Henny,

"the 3rd goes to a small pcb..."
So I suppose that third wire is the pump voltage. Ground is the metal housing.
Do measure the voltage at that wire when you turn the contact key (no need to start). it should be 12 volts. Also you should hear the pump relay click in the fusebox.
Or measure the resistance from that third wire to ground. Should be the low resistance (some 10 ohms or less) from the pump motor.
Also check ground connections.
If voltage is present but the pump doesn't rotate/whine it could be a faulty ground.
Are you shure it was replaced? Did the engine run after it was changed but stopped at a later time ?
Maybe you can ask the mechanic who replaced the pump for the correct wiring and function of wires. Does your gas gauge function according to movement of the level lever?
Could it be the wires were wrongly connected?
Otherwise, you could check the other not connected wires in the tank area if one of them reacts to your contact key and pump relay. It also should react to pulling the relay for loss of voltage then.
Good luck,
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts