Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see my other post “Where Is My Car? Can Anybody Help” As an update to that post I would like to thank everyone for all the suggestions I received about finding my 2010 Santa Fe. Unfortunately none of these worked. It has now been 12 weeks and no car.
It’s too bad that like many other forums that have someone who can help answer some questions that there is no one from Hyundai that reads or monitors this forum. It sure would be helpful to actually have someone from the manufacture to help with many of the issues posted here.
After 12 weeks of frustration I thought I would try and write a letter (or multiple letters) to try and get some help. I really don’t want to send these to a generic address where it would most likely get tossed in a pile. I was wondering if anybody had direct knowledge of where I could send these letters and to whom? Maybe there is someone at Corporate Hyundai that can help.
As a side note I have called Hyundai’s customer relations twice (even have a case #) and must say that both times the representatives I spoke with where extremely friendly and helpful. The problem is that they can only do so much.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
QUOTE (BOBfromNJ @ Apr 27 2010, 10:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317271
The problem is that they can only do so much.
That pretty much says it all. You're not dealing with 1970s GM here, or Rolls Royce for that matter. You're dealing with a modern, high-volume car company that operates on razor-thin profit margins and which simply cannot accommodate custom orders. At least not yet. In an age where Walmart can have replacement inventory on a truck within minutes of a cashier ringing up a sale 3,000 miles away, it seems that the future belongs to the car companies which can build cars to order instead of shuffling around billions of dollars of unwanted inventory every year. But we're not there yet, so it might be decision time for you. Good luck. :57:

PS: There's no harm in starting a new thread, but next time consider bumping the original one instead. That way you'll get the attention of everyone who has been following your situation, and it will help keep the board clean for new topics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Don67 @ Apr 27 2010, 04:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317382
That pretty much says it all. You're not dealing with 1970s GM here, or Rolls Royce for that matter. You're dealing with a modern, high-volume car company that operates on razor-thin profit margins and which simply cannot accommodate custom orders. At least not yet. In an age where Walmart can have replacement inventory on a truck within minutes of a cashier ringing up a sale 3,000 miles away, it seems that the future belongs to the car companies which can build cars to order instead of shuffling around billions of dollars of unwanted inventory every year. But we're not there yet, so it might be decision time for you. Good luck. :57:

PS: There's no harm in starting a new thread, but next time consider bumping the original one instead. That way you'll get the attention of everyone who has been following your situation, and it will help keep the board clean for new topics.
Thanks, (I think) for your comments. I don't think you got the advise I was seeking. First of all I am not looking for a "custom order". I am looking for a 2010 Sante Fe Limited FWD V6 with Nav. Is this concidered a "custom order"? It so happens that it is the car on the inside cover of the 2010 Sante Fe brochure.

ps. I appoligize for starting a new thread. This was just done out of fustration.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
QUOTE (BOBfromNJ @ Apr 27 2010, 06:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317423
Thanks, (I think) for your comments. I don't think you got the advise I was seeking. First of all I am not looking for a "custom order". I am looking for a 2010 Sante Fe Limited FWD V6 with Nav. Is this concidered a "custom order"? It so happens that it is the car on the inside cover of the 2010 Sante Fe brochure.

ps. I appoligize for starting a new thread. This was just done out of fustration.
Unfortunately it is a custom order, if there aren't any units currently sitting around in that configuration and you need one built.

You and I see a Santa Fe Limited FWD V6 with Nav listed in the brochure as an "off the shelf" option, but to Hyundai it might be a rare configuration for which they did not anticipate any demand in your area. Option configuration and regional allocation is a very complicated affair; get it wrong and you go bankrupt. I remember the 1995 model year, when Nissan Canada had acres of unwanted purple - I mean "Sapphire Blue" - Altima GXEs with automatic transmission and no sunroof (U4RG75 AE00 was the exact configuration if I remember correctly). Talk about a bad call. They were giving those suckers away at huge losses for nearly two years.

I realize that this doesn't address your frustration, but hopefully it helps explain why some model configurations are hard to find. Best of luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Don67 @ Apr 28 2010, 07:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317554
Unfortunately it is a custom order, if there aren't any units currently sitting around in that configuration and you need one built.

You and I see a Santa Fe Limited FWD V6 with Nav listed in the brochure as an "off the shelf" option, but to Hyundai it might be a rare configuration for which they did not anticipate any demand in your area. Option configuration and regional allocation is a very complicated affair; get it wrong and you go bankrupt. I remember the 1995 model year, when Nissan Canada had acres of unwanted purple - I mean "Sapphire Blue" - Altima GXEs with automatic transmission and no sunroof (U4RG75 AE00 was the exact configuration if I remember correctly). Talk about a bad call. They were giving those suckers away at huge losses for nearly two years.

I realize that this doesn't address your frustration, but hopefully it helps explain why some model configurations are hard to find. Best of luck.
Thanks again for all your comments. Although you seem to be intelligent, you still did not answer my original question about contacting Hyundai. As far as your statement " You're dealing with a modern, high-volume car company that operates on razor-thin profit margins" how do you explain the fact that..."Hyundai Motor Co increased its net profit for the first quarter fivefold to 1.13 trillon won (which is 1.02 billion dollars)? That doesn't seem razor thin to me. Don't know where you got that statement from.
I do not have the slightest desire to go back and forth with you about the meaning of "custom order", if you can't give me the answer to my question about contacting Hyundai then I would appreciate your "helping" someone else in this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts