Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a clutch in a 2006 hyundai elantra 2.0l. The problem im having is i have the motor and tranny on a picker outside the car, everything is bolted up ready for me to drop it in but when i rotate the flywheel through the starter opening, it spins freely and turns nothing in the axel openings? Shouldnt it be engaged? I should be spinning the whole shaft if i turn the flywheel right? This is how i test all the other clutch jobs ive done so im a little worried about putting it all back together and having a issue!?????:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did you select a gear for the input shaft to operate the works all way through to the final drive unit ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but do to me still have the motor and tranny outside of the vehicle, it is hard to tell what gear im in? I just want to make sure i did the install correctly before putting it all back in. When i spun the input shaft while tranny was split from motor everything spun good but when i bolted the tranny up to motor and spun the flywheel, it spun freely and nothing else moved with it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this normal on these korean clutch designs? I was thinking this happened because of the thowout bearing being constantly attached to the pressure plate....but this still has puzzled me a bit....

·
Registered
909 Posts
was this a self aldjusting clutch design that had a locking piece in the center and you removed it before installation ?

edit: forget what I asked. Seems not to be the case.

other thought: you didn't by chance forget to put the disc in before installing the pressure plate ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts