Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just showed up after I washed my car this morning.

Too lazy to look it up in the owner's manual. :D

Anyone know what it means and how to remove it from my dash

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Restart the car, does it go off?

yes, Switch near eco button pressed. Traction control OFF.

no, problem in ESC system

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Not to judge but I think reaching into the glovebox and opening the owner's manual is easier than taking a picture, loading it onto your computer, loading it to a host site, starting this topic, posting the link to the photo here, posting the topic and then waiting for responses.

Just sayin'.....

·
6,836 Posts
Not to judge but I think reaching into the glovebox and opening the owner's manual is easier than taking a picture, loading it onto your computer, loading it to a host site, starting this topic, posting the link to the photo here, posting the topic and then waiting for responses.

Just sayin'.....
No one reads books anymore. Geesh, Andrew! Get with the times! :rolleyes:;):p

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Just sayin'.....
Watch that,,, I got a warning from a MOD for a somewhat similar comment here recently.. ;)

·
22,793 Posts
All kidding aside, the single most important thing you and do for YOURSELF & your CAR is to "READ THE BOOK!" Maybe it's because I'm a gearhead and have an insatiable appetite for what makes stuff work. I couldn't wait to get alone with my owner's manual and see all the neat stuff in there that I thought I knew and didn't.

And I do believe the ESC on/off control button (and what it and the system does) is well documented. However, I do understand how the "lazy bug" can bite you, too.

·
6,836 Posts
Watch that,,, I got a warning from a MOD for a somewhat similar comment here recently.. ;)
I can't remember if that was me telling you that or not.

Basically, I have no problem with members reminding other members to read their manuals. Just remember, when you do so, to phrase it nicely, so as not to instigate any hostility, arguments, hurt feelings, etc.

I prefer Andrew's method, where he gently suggested it, backed up by logic as to why reading the manual is a good idea.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all! The problem did go away after I re-started.

I did read the manual when I first bought the car but I will admit to being lazy earlier :)

·
6,836 Posts
Thanks all! The problem did go away after I re-started.

I did read the manual when I first bought the car but I will admit to being lazy earlier :)
Thanks for keeping us updated, and thanks for your sense of humor.

Turns out that my memory sucks, and it wasn't me who issued the warning to sbr711.

·
Registered
306 Posts
This just showed up after I washed my car this morning.

Too lazy to look it up in the owner's manual. :D

Anyone know what it means and how to remove it from my dash

If you haven't already download Manual & Quick Start Guide at

hyundaitechinfo.com

I find it easier having manuals on the computer.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated, and thanks for your sense of humor.
x2
It's nice when they post back their finds and joke about it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That light is one of those international symbols. You know, the kind that no matter what language you speak, you do not understand what it means. I seem to remember the simpler cars of my youth. One light for "high beams" (called "main beams" in some countries); one light for " engine" either low oil pressure and/or over temperature; and one light for "generator fault". They were called "idiot lights" because people did not bother to read or understand gauges. Some cars didn't even have a fuel gauge! New features means new idiot lights, I mean symbols.

·
22,793 Posts
Next week: "The Idiot Lights For Dummies," handbook hits the shelves. I pre-ordered my copy! :grin:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Here's my interpretation of the little symbols I see in the dash cluster. Others are free to adopt these interpretations, as long as they are not concerned with voiding their warranty or crashing into a building...

·
22,793 Posts
^ That's just "way too dang funny!" Difficult to pick a fav. Nicely done! NY HUMOR, at its finest!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts