Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 3 months ago. At first everything work, my phone connected, phone info was there etc. The Nav worked fine with voice. Now, the phone wont connect, when I push the phone button the display "Initalizing Bluetooth handsfree" but nothing happens. I deleted the Sonata from my phone, Iphone 6plus IOS 8.4 to try and repair...nothing happens, just searching. Also, I was getting the voice when using Nav, but now no voice. I have checked and rechecked all my settings.
Wondering if I need to make appt for a software update??? I want my bluetooth back!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
You could try resetting the unit - there is a small hole near the cd slot, while the unit is on stick a toothpick or paper clip in there to reset everything.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I recently had my map updated and my stereo would no longer connect to my phone via Bluetooth. After trying many of the things you mentioned, I did it all again, except, this time I turned the car off after one of the major steps. Sounds weird, but worked. I...

~ deleted my phone from the registry, clicked "forget this device" in my iPhone settings, then turned the car off.
~ turned the car on, went through the pairing process, then turned the car off.
~ turned the car on, waited for the screen to say "Phone Connected" then clicked the "Media" button and... voila!

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying :) I tried the reset and no change. Still no bluetooth, no voice command, no voice with nav. When I press the phone button, says initializng bluetooth, phone screen never displays. Arrrrgggg. I've searched the owners manual, been looking online...I'll keep looking but looks like I might have to go Hyundai dealer :(

wish me luck!!

·
Retired Staff
11,817 Posts
I've read about a lot of Bluetooth issues with iOS 8 but I thought they were fixed by now. I would delete car profile from phone, delete phone profile from car. Power off both devices. Start phone then start car and pair again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was the first thing I tried. After deleting from my phone, nothing shows up in car when I press the phone button..just say initializng bluetooth...no phone options at all. I know its not my phone, I can connect with bluetooth to other devices, even our other car. Very frustrating....weird how I also lost voice with the nav too, not sure whats going...voice command not working either. Have read the manual inside and out, searched online....I'm stumped!

·
Registered
28 Posts
2011 Hybrid. This exact problem happened to me for the first time last week with my iPhone 6. I solved it by deleting link to Sonata from my phone before starting car.Then start car and you should have the option to cancel Bluetooth initialization after a long delay of nothing happening. Eventually you will be able to get to the "settings" page for "phone" and delete your old pairing. Restart car and pair the phone again.
Not sure why it happened, but outside air temperature was 95 F and inside car much hotter when it first occurred, as it had been sitting in Florida sun for hours. Car or phone problem, not sure.

·
Registered
286 Posts
hello.
I have problem on Hyundai Sonata Hybrid bluetooth. When i press phone it doesnot works. Initzialising bluetooth. help me plzz :(
Try connecting another phone via Bluetooth to see if it's in the car head unit or the phone that is having the issue. Read the owners manual for your factory head unit to see if there are any specific tips or sequences required to pair your phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a used 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 3 months ago. At first everything work, my phone connected, phone info was there etc. The Nav worked fine with voice. Now, the phone wont connect, when I push the phone button the display "Initalizing Bluetooth handsfree" but nothing happens. I deleted the Sonata from my phone, Iphone 6plus IOS 8.4 to try and repair...nothing happens, just searching. Also, I was getting the voice when using Nav, but now no voice. I have checked and rechecked all my settings.
Wondering if I need to make appt for a software update??? I want my bluetooth back!!

Thanks!
Did you ever find a fix for this? My 2012 just started doing this exact thing. Yeah, I know, this string started a billion years ago...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks!
I get a "connecting to iPhone" message. Press cancel at the bottom of the screen. It will then give you another message, hit the cancel button again. Now you should have access to the main phone screen. Press settings and you are on your way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 Hybrid. This exact problem happened to me for the first time last week with my iPhone 6. I solved it by deleting link to Sonata from my phone before starting car.Then start car and you should have the option to cancel Bluetooth initialization after a long delay of nothing happening. Eventually you will be able to get to the "settings" page for "phone" and delete your old pairing. Restart car and pair the phone again.
Not sure why it happened, but outside air temperature was 95 F and inside car much hotter when it first occurred, as it had been sitting in Florida sun for hours. Car or phone problem, not sure.
I have a 2013 and get a "connecting to iPhone " message instead of the initializing message. Hit cancel at the bottom of the screen, When it asks if you want to cancel connection, it ok. Then it will ask you if you want to pair your phone, say no. This should get you to the main screen. Hit settings, then pairing. Delete your phone connection and then add it back in. The default code that you enter into your phone is 0000. Hope this works for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
Just came across exact issue. Wish there was a recall on this because dealer said it needs to be replaced

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Veloster, iphone6. Just had the same issue, music, maps, waze will not play via bluetooth, but phone is paired and I can make and receive calls. Been trying all of the above for days now, just now started to work again. The only thing I did differently, I think, is I made a hands free call first, then tried Pandora, maps and waze. All seems good now, wierd.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts