Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 i10, 16000 miles, and Thursday it would not start, so I called breakdown and after a lot of 'go's' he got it started, he said it could be the stater motor or the relay,
worried this might happen again, I went to my local garage and told them, and they said they could not say what the trouble was until it did it again and when it did I was to get it straight to them, not get it started.
Now that for me, being on my own, also I go out sometimes at night, is not good advice.so not keen on that,

Was thinking of going to the Hyundai garage on Monday,

Since this happened I have used it 10 times.

So was it just a unlucky blip, or am I heading for trouble???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could be right, have just read the paper-work I have and it says,
"Your car has a balance of 5years unlimited mileage warranty, effective from date of registration".
am off down Dealers on Monday,

Hope you are right, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
OK. See if this will help:--

Unlike the OBD-I connector, which was sometimes found under the hood of the vehicle, the OBD-II connector is required to be within 2 feet (0.61 m) of the steering wheel (unless an exemption is applied for by the manufacturer, in which case it is still somewhere within reach of the driver).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK. See if this will help:--

Unlike the OBD-I connector, which was sometimes found under the hood of the vehicle, the OBD-II connector is required to be within 2 feet (0.61 m) of the steering wheel (unless an exemption is applied for by the manufacturer, in which case it is still somewhere within reach of the driver).
So are you saying that if I was to find this OBD that could be the problem???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took car to Dealer this morning, they are going to put a new started motor in tomorrow, left it there and have a courtesy car, a nice i2,
was very pleased with the way I was treated,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts