Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me if the 2021 Sonota SEL (No nav) has wireless carplay? I cant find the wifi setting on my screen Is there an update maybe that needs to be done.I keep trying to find answers but haven't got a concrete one yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wireless CarPlay is not supported in Sonata’s. Wired only!
This is incorrect. The 2021 Sonatas with the 8" infotainment screen have wireless ACP included. It is only the larger 10" screen that does not have wireless capabilities. There is even a software update that you can force on the 2020 Sonatas with the 8" screen that will give you wireless ACP. The Hyundai website does not do a good job of describing this - probably because it seems backwards to have this capability on the smaller screens but not on the more expensive larger screens.

See this thread for more information.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is incorrect. The 2021 Sonatas with the 8" infotainment screen have wireless ACP included. It is only the larger 10" screen that does not have wireless capabilities. There is even a software update that you can force on the 2020 Sonatas with the 8" screen that will give you wireless ACP. The Hyundai website does not do a good job of describing this - probably because it seems backwards to have this capability on the smaller screens but not on the more expensive larger screens.

See this thread for more information.
Ok, I did not know that having the larger 10” screen in my Limited. AND it makes zero sense why this would be available for smaller screens and not the larger ones. Typical Hyundai. I would LOVE for someone at Hyundai to explain the reasoning for this!

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
523 Posts
I sometimes... well, I have had trouble following the wireless AA/CP discussions. So, is the 10" screen NAV system completely incapable of wireless AA/CP meaning the hardware won't support it, or is it just a software update away?

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,227 Posts
Ok, I did not know that having the larger 10” screen in my Limited. AND it makes zero sense why this would be available for smaller screens and not the larger ones. Typical Hyundai. I would LOVE for someone at Hyundai to explain the reasoning for this!
I’ll explain it: the smaller system was due for an update and got wireless CP. The larger system is newer and not due for an update yet. Consider that it would be very difficult for Hyundai to update all their infotainment systems at the same time. This isa big company with many cars and infotainment systems around the world.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,227 Posts
I sometimes... well, I have had trouble following the wireless AA/CP discussions. So, is the 10" screen NAV system completely incapable of wireless AA/CP meaning the hardware won't support it, or is it just a software update away?
Hard to tell. Somebody had noticed a wifi module in the 10” system when accessing the engineering mode. Wifi is needed for wireless AA/CP so maybe that’s why it’s there and an update will enable it. One can hope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.