Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hav3 had littl3 problems with my 2014 SFS since I bought it new in ‘14....several recall notices received, one for Marla in engine bearings can happen.....But, today, I went to pick up my daughter at school, when I pulled up, I hit the lock button on the drivers door to unlock, nothing happened! I had to reach into the back and manually unlock it....I tried the button repeatedly, nothing....the keyless fob now does nothing, cant open the hatch....nothing! Anybody hear of this happening? One thing, if I try locking outside the car with the fob, I get on3 beep, and the directionals flash.....I have to park not starting tonight unlocked, which is not my style....I guess it “check fuses” time tomorrow, but outside that, really don’t want to go to the dealer....hoped to get some info here.......?

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
Secrect code ??

Hav3

littl3

one & on3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for your reply, but that would not stop the buttons on the door from working......last night,
I stepped outside, hit the lock button on the fob, it “beep-beeped” and directionals flashed as normal, yet the doors remain unlocked....��

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The fact that none of the power locks work via any method.....Would check fuses. Beyond that....You would probably need to hit a Dealer or someone qualified to work on it if it is outside of warranty as you could be into a wiring issue, failed body control module, etc....

BTW....No reason to leave the vehicle unlocked overnight. Manually lock the doors from the inside and you can still unlock the driver's door in the morning using the back up key that is a part of the FOB in the driver's door lock cylinder. A bit of a hassle perhaps but preferable to leaving it unlocked overnight or anywhere else during the day.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
One door not locking or unlocking versus a system wide failure to operate is more likely to be one bad actuator on the affected door or a wiring issue limited to that particular door. Could be a similar concern but the odds are against it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It WAS the fuse....found it the next morning....should of waited to post the “help” in here....I was just freaked out it didnt work...still would like to know why it popped a fuse......no “ secret code”.... ever since I let my iPad Air update, the keyboard does this randomly.....I hit “sometimes it comes out “3”....just did it again......I have to proof read so’s not to upset the spelling nazis ��

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Cause for fuse blowing? Could be that one of the power lock actuators is starting to draw more amps than it should be. Not sure what if anything else is on that circuit however...

·
Registered
1 Posts
It WAS the fuse....found it the next morning....should of waited to post the “help” in here....I was just freaked out it didnt work...still would like to know why it popped a fuse......no “ secret code”.... ever since I let my iPad Air update, the keyboard does this randomly.....I hit “sometimes it comes out “3”....just did it again......I have to proof read so’s not to upset the spelling nazis ��
We had this same problem. Changed the fuse as you did and it fixed it...for like 2 weeks
Now we are having the same problem....did you have any problems after changing the fuse?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Over-circuitry (mostly using aftermarket items plugged-in) or wet conditions like leaving the windows rolled down after shutdown - or rolled down during rains, could elevate electrical problems inside the vehicle, or on the key fob.

A good rule is to shut off everything, prior to turning the ignition key off. Here in cold Michigan, I will leave the blower motor on for half-heat/half defrost. Don;t leave your vehicle the night before with an overloaded electrical circuit, to begin the next day. (Concerning my blower motor)...There are four speed settings and I keep it on #3. I never use the highest #4 for overnight. Even my auto headlight switch will be turned off for the next morning cold-start.

These are economical, thrifty, budget-minded vehicles. Treat them with more TLC and loving care. Maintain them prior to the dealer's recommended time-frames. Use Severe Service Scheduling - keep all fluids full and your vehicle battery, bulbs, fuses, engine, radio....etc.... will last much longer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.