Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I've already posted some questions on the forum. I'd like to introduce myself. The name is Phu.

I just signed the papers today, for an 2013 elantra GT, GLS, Monaco white.

Used to own 2004 honda civic coupe (modded). Sold the car to get out of the whole car modding scene. Plus i wanted a new car as well. Anyways, hope to learn a few things about the car. I like to work on my car myself if possible. Is there a DIY section on this forum?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Although I've already posted some questions on the forum. I'd like to introduce myself. The name is Phu.

I just signed the papers today, for an 2013 elantra GT, GLS, Monaco white.

Used to own 2004 honda civic coupe (modded). Sold the car to get out of the whole car modding scene. Plus i wanted a new car as well. Anyways, hope to learn a few things about the car. I like to work on my car myself if possible. Is there a DIY section on this forum?
Welcome Phu! This is probably your best source on these cars. No true DIY section that I've found but plenty of DIY projects here.

·
22,793 Posts
Welcome, Phu. As you already know, the Mod Monster isn't predjudiced. He will strike you at any time, any place, and in any vehicle. When you think you've gotten him beat, here he comes again. LOL

I know. I've gotten my share of scars resulting from his bites. Some are small, some are still healing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone :)

To get out of the car modding scene..hmm ;) It never leaves you hehe
Welcome, Phu. As you already know, the Mod Monster isn't predjudiced. He will strike you at any time, any place, and in any vehicle. When you think you've gotten him beat, here he comes again. LOL

I know. I've gotten my share of scars resulting from his bites. Some are small, some are still healing.
Lol, you guys are right. I'm only going to do minor mods this time. My car will look like any other elantra GT. however, only time will tell.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone :)

Lol, you guys are right. I'm only going to do minor mods this time. My car will look like any other elantra GT. however, only time will tell.
Welcome! BTW I have never modded a car in my life (except new wipers and tires ;p). I have done some simple mods to the GT, due to watching threads on here :)

My prediction mod-wise:
1. KYB shocks (yes...shocks for a new car....)
2. Tires
3. LED lights (interior)
4. HIDs

·
22,793 Posts
My money's on Phu doing simple LED's, first. I'm talking total mod: interior, trunk, license plate. Then, maybe mud guards, some Plasti-Dipping. LOL Just a matter of time!

He's hooked. He just doesn't know it, yet!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My money's on Phu doing simple LED's, first. I'm talking total mod: interior, trunk, license plate. Then, maybe mud guards, some Plasti-Dipping. LOL Just a matter of time!

He's hooked. He just doesn't know it, yet!
I like you already, lol. Wait that doesn't sound right. :mellow:

Summer tires = yes
Winter tires = yes
License plate covers = yes
LEDs = no
Mud guards = no, I actually don't like them
Suspension = no, I actually like the stock ride after driving a lowered car for the past 7 years
Tint = maybe
Hid's = maybe
Stereo = no, good enough for me
Seats = no
Body kit = no, I'd only do this if I lowered the car.
Plastidip = definite no

I guess you could say I already have an Oem mod, if you want call it that. I have the oem premium floor liners for front, and rear. Also got the trunk cargo tray. Got the dealership to throw them in for me. Btw, the floor liners and cargo tray fit like a glove. Good thing about the rear. It covers the middle part of the rear. If anybody is thinking of getting these, I'd highly recommend them.

When I bump this thread in 2 years time, we'll see if the mod bug got me, or just grazed me.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum Phu! I give you a few weeks before you start messing with the car. Enjoy in the meantime. For me tint was first, can't stand no tint windows.

·
22,793 Posts
I like you already, lol. Wait that doesn't sound right. :mellow:

When I bump this thread in 2 years time, we'll see if the mod bug got me, or just grazed me.
LAMO, Phu! For the record, this sub-forum is, arguably, one of the better ones around. We all like each other on here. Common goals. We may not always agree, but we respect each other's opinions. And I do like that. This is a GREAT group of guys and gals. They tolerate my nonsense so that should count for something. :wink2:

Re: Mods. I said the same thing with my first Elantra. Then, the mod bug bit me, several severe bites: in the wallet. LOL Yeah, bump it in a couple of years and we'll see. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
congrats on your gt . Well ....... i allways do little mods to make my gt uniquilly mine . otherwise when i take in for service how can i point out my car from all the others in the lot without hitting the remote button and looking for the lights ?

·
22,793 Posts
...otherwise when i take in for service how can i point out my car from all the others in the lot without hitting the remote button and looking for the lights ?
What you said is probably THE most overlooked benefit of the mod process! Agree 100%. Ingrid stands out in the crowd, and I love it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bumping my own thread just before the 6 month mark. No actual things i'd call official mods. Just summer and winter tires. Sold the oem stock tires. I dont believe in all season tires.

Still think about doing tints, and still considering 5k hids.

Looking at photos on this forum doesnt help either. That peacephan guy makes me want to drop my car on coilovers. Its still so tempting....grrr... must resist.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bumping my own thread just before the 6 month mark. No actual things i'd call official mods. Just summer and winter tires. Sold the oem stock tires. I dont believe in all season tires.

Still think about doing tints, and still considering 5k hids.

Looking at photos on this forum doesnt help either. That peacephan guy makes me want to drop my car on coilovers. Its still so tempting....grrr... must resist.

Just wait till we get some warmer weather and everyone starting taking pic of their cars and posting them with they have done to them.

LIKE ME.... waiting :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well, I don't come on this forum much any more. I go on the FB group more often now. Bumping my own thread that I started 3.5 years ago, when i first bought my car.

I guess you could say, the mod bug got me again.

Green Rpf1's by Phu Vong, on Flickr

Also own a set of these. Just don't have them on the car yet.

Work D9R's by Phu Vong, on Flickr

·
Registered
35 Posts
what grill is that? is it aftermarket? are grills interchangeable with the Elantra sedan/coupe or other Hyundais?

Is the front bumper interchangeable with Elantra sedans/coupes?

·
Registered
890 Posts
what grill is that? is it aftermarket? are grills interchangeable with the Elantra sedan/coupe or other Hyundais?

Is the front bumper interchangeable with Elantra sedans/coupes?
its a std Canadian grill on the base through GLS models ('13-15). The SE (Style) models in Canada get the same as US grill with the curved chrome... until the grills changed in 2016.

bumpers for the sedan/coupe are not interchangeable with the GT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts