Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

New to the forum, so thought I'd say hello.

Traded my '07 Swift Sport *sob* in for a '59 i10 due to the imminent arrival of our first child - have to save the pennies, and I must admit that (so far) I'm pretty happy with it. Nippy enough around the A roads and although the tank seems a little bit on the small side, it cost a fair bit less to run. Also, the stereo is not bad at all. As a professional music snob, I find 99% of everything played on the radio thoroughly offensive. If I have to endure 30 more seconds of Kesha, Iyaz, Scouting for Girls or their detestable ilk, I'll probably have to find some kittens to set fire to - so I haven't really checked out what that's like - but the fact that I can plug my ipod into it is mint.

Having discovered this board, I'm hoping that the faults and grumbles are from a vocal minority, mind.....

Anyhoo....

Greetings :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (monkfish1979 @ May 21 2010, 12:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324820
Having discovered this board, I'm hoping that the faults and grumbles are from a vocal minority, mind.....

I dont think you will be immune to the silly things. I very much doubt you will get one of the major howlers. But its not the fault or the car, its the way Hyundai deal with it that is the main problem.

If you are unlucky enough to have clutch judder, strange gearbox noise's , or random headlamp motors..........dont despair. Because Hyundai will do that for you :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
THe sound system is fab. CD's I have had for years and played hundreds of times are revealing bits i have never heard before. I am also a snob musically.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just remember monk - this forum is largely where people come to for advice about something they don't know about their new car...so it can appear like a list of faults and gripes....but there are lots of positive threads on here about the car, and also, the are thousands of people who have no need for this site!

Enjoy the car...and the site.

I'm on my second i1o - only fault was some missing door screw covers...that I didn't know were even missing till I read this site! I've learnt lots about my car on here - like an alarm that it has but isn't on the spec and all sorts of useful tips.

I recommend bookmarking this site, don't panic about the faults, and pop in now and again and tell us how fab your car is!

·
Registered
168 Posts
QUOTE (Spen @ Jun 13 2010, 03:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332609
THe sound system is fab. CD's I have had for years and played hundreds of times are revealing bits i have never heard before. I am also a snob musically.
Now I don't feel so lonely. SWMBO has made MP3 compilation discs for our journeys (nearly 200 tracks) based on our collection of German, French and English language 50s to 80s popular music. The clarity of the sound system truly surprised us. Of course, in such a small car, we don't need a very elaborate system of speakers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts