Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello purchased 2105 Hyundai SOnata 2.0t Limited. Anyone have info on remote start? Just wondering service guy told me 3 to 5k on oil changes sound right? Also what oil do you use and what octane do you use. My town sells Fuel without the winter emissions additives at 93 octane. Just wondering make any difference?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome. Do some searches around and you can find answers for a lot of your questions. I have the prior model and to get an "oem" type remote start so that I can use the factory fob, need to order from a guy in Korea ~$250 and it is mostly plug-and-play with just one or two wires needing spliced. There are other aftermarkets you can get, but you lose the ability to lock the doors with remote start running the vehicle, and have to use a secondary key fob.

In a turbo, especially this one, to avoid Knocking and keep the engine a bit cleaner(less blow-by) use higher octane. You can feel a slight difference in driving because the computer adjusts for different octanes. there is debate, but it seems full synthetic 5w30, 5w-40 and 0w-40 are the most common used in the turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts