Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loved the car and the smooth ride but recently all **** has been loose. Had to replace flex steering wheel coupler/shop owner didn't understand so he replaced flex drive shaft. Check engine light was also on. Not a simple fix replaced O2 sensor and gas cap light was off for three days extended warranty covered parts not labor. I replaced the tires with 255 35 19 much better handling and smoother ride. I have 82,000 miles on this wonderful ride. Recently the panoramic roof wouldn't close.anyone having similar problems???????

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Loved the car and the smooth ride but recently all **** has been loose. Had to replace flex steering wheel coupler/shop owner didn't understand so he replaced flex drive shaft. Check engine light was also on. Not a simple fix replaced O2 sensor and gas cap light was off for three days extended warranty covered parts not labor. I replaced the tires with 255 35 19 much better handling and smoother ride. I have 82,000 miles on this wonderful ride. Recently the panoramic roof wouldn't close.anyone having similar problems???????
Are you the original owner?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts

Flex steering coupler? In the steering column? He replaced a flex drive shaft? What is that? Gas cap light? I assume you had a PO440 evap large leak.

If you have your bill it would help to use the language on it.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Let me guess....flex drive shaft. Is this a drive shaft with a bearing and bracket mount? They are on longer shafts for some vehicles.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Let me guess....flex drive shaft. Is this a drive shaft with a bearing and bracket mount? They are on longer shafts for some vehicles.
HG Azera is a V6 FWD car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle purchased CPO 2013. The steering shaft was was replaced not the drive shaft .Thanks for correcting me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evap leak was actually small leak. Had the car smoke tested and no leak present. 1 code remaining P046 I believe

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Evap leak was actually small leak. Had the car smoke tested and no leak present. 1 code remaining P046 I believe
P046 is not proper DTC designation

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Evap leak was actually small leak. Had the car smoke tested and no leak present. 1 code remaining P0456 I believe
I dont do or like smoke,, does not show for anything

Car arrive with ticket, I scan, see what stored... print..

Clear DTC, verify cap at minimum secure, warm up, and perform EVAP self test via GDS

With 0456, best way to find is using the nitrogen end of our smoke machine, and bottle of AXE body wash - water mix in spray bottle (smells good,, Soft Soap smell worse than butt when left in bottle too long)...

I break system into 2 side,, tank side, and purge,, I made adapters to plumb into canister to check tank and canister, and then test purge from opposite end..

Our test cart has a flow meter on it, so if system secure, it'll flow and stop when pressure equalize to supply source... if it leak, flow meter ball will constant hover with movement of nitrogen as it flow out point of leak..

Point of leak will show up as bubbles

Majority of 0456 leak on newer cars found to be crack at end of Evap Canister,, had purge leak on 1 or 2

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
I dont do or like smoke,, does not show for anything

Car arrive with ticket, I scan, see what stored... print..

Clear DTC, verify cap at minimum secure, warm up, and perform EVAP self test via GDS

With 0456, best way to find is using the nitrogen end of our smoke machine, and bottle of AXE body wash - water mix in spray bottle (smells good,, Soft Soap smell worse than butt when left in bottle too long)...

I break system into 2 side,, tank side, and purge,, I made adapters to plumb into canister to check tank and canister, and then test purge from opposite end..

Our test cart has a flow meter on it, so if system secure, it'll flow and stop when pressure equalize to supply source... if it leak, flow meter ball will constant hover with movement of nitrogen as it flow out point of leak..

Point of leak will show up as bubbles

Majority of 0456 leak on newer cars found to be crack at end of Evap Canister,, had purge leak on 1 or 2
This is a better way than just smoke. I wouldn't say smoke does not show for anything. It will find bad fittings and areas of a concentrated leak but not so well on large (long) cracks and I'm certain it wouldn't find it on that can. That can has a problem...
Nice post...Thanks for sharing it.
For those interested. Nitrogen is much more effective at finding small leaks as smoke can be hindered or may not even leak because of it's density. Nitrogen is less dense than ambient air and will leak even when the system would test fine. That was free. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can anyone tell me what the NVAILD STATE CODE means on my navigation system. It usually appears the beginning of the month when the car is doing the diagnostic check.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts