Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new here and basically new to this whole forums type of communications. I joined because I have a 2013 Tucson AWD 2.4L. I got an oil pressure light the other day and trying to diagnose what could be wrong with it. I have read some post from here but I am having a hard time finding what the operating oil pressure specs should be for my car? Trying to diagnose if it's the oil pump or a faulty oil sending unit. Does anyone here have that information?

Thank you for your help,

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Hello,

I'm new here and basically new to this whole forums type of communications. I joined because I have a 2013 Tucson AWD 2.4L. I got an oil pressure light the other day and trying to diagnose what could be wrong with it. I have read some post from here but I am having a hard time finding what the operating oil pressure specs should be for my car? Trying to diagnose if it's the oil pump or a faulty oil sending unit. Does anyone here have that information?

Thank you for your help,

Best to post your request in the forum (sub-forum) for your model.

Welcome aboard.

As a quickie, were you running the thing hard, on a hot day? Is your crankcase (judging by the dipstick) full or is it a quart or two low?

I have had this happen on other cars when temps were high and running for a distance on the highway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Olds Cool,

I originally happened when I was driving on the highway. I pulled over to get some gas then when I turned the car on the light was on. Knowing this is a big issue I checked the oil and it was in the halfway mark so not low. I wanted to be careful so I bought some oil a block down from the gas station and filled it up. I noticed however on my way to the auto parts store the light went off. So now what I notice is the light will come on when idle and will go off after rpms get a little higher. This is the reason I wanted to test oil pressure to make sure it's not the pump and maybe just a bad oil sensor but cant find oil pressure specs. I did a search and nothing for this vehicle. Thanks for replying to me though.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hello,

Thank you for your help,

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GRCauto,
I did try searching and have yet to find the info I need. I did post my car info. It's an automatic I guess i left that out. I did buy the vehicle brand new and only has 50k on it. I'm handy so work on all my cars. Going to try the oil sending unit first since it's cheap if that doesn't fix it then yeah will probably take it to the dealer it should still be under warranty.

Thanks

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
GRCauto,
I did try searching and have yet to find the info I need. I did post my car info. It's an automatic I guess i left that out. I did buy the vehicle brand new and only has 50k on it. I'm handy so work on all my cars. Going to try the oil sending unit first since it's cheap if that doesn't fix it then yeah will probably take it to the dealer it should still be under warranty.

Thanks
You may want to put this is the correct forum.
The pressure at idle should be 20 or better. I'm not exactly sure what the low side pressure hits to turn on the light. May be the filter is falling apart. When was the oil and filter changed last? What oil and filter were used?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts