Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from sunny Arizona, got a used 14 sonata limited with the tech pkg and panoramic roof with 23,000 miles off lease. serviced on schedule and pretty much flawless. Needs tint and thats about it.. Coming from 20 years of driving Infiniti's 2 I35's and a 96 I30.. put a total of about 800,000 miles on them and did 90% of maintenence and repairs myself. Hopefull to do the same with this car as far as maintence and off warranty repairs. Dissapointed that the 8 inch infinity premium nav system cannot be updated to android auto (IS THIS STILL TRUE?, why cant it be updated with the sd card like the 15?) Love the car so far.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Stick To It is a guy in phoenix who does great tint work. Been doing it out of his garage for MANY years. He is not a fan of the windows on the Sonata(really tight gaps between the glass and side tracks) and it takes a lot of extra effort but they look and feel great. I don't have the NAV so can't comment on it's upgrade ability to add android auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have to get my tint waiver transferred first, then limo it. Do you use a dealership for anything? and which

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hi from sunny Arizona, got a used 14 sonata limited with the tech pkg and panoramic roof with 23,000 miles off lease. serviced on schedule and pretty much flawless. Needs tint and thats about it.. Coming from 20 years of driving Infiniti's 2 I35's and a 96 I30.. put a total of about 800,000 miles on them and did 90% of maintenence and repairs myself. Hopefull to do the same with this car as far as maintence and off warranty repairs. Dissapointed that the 8 inch infinity premium nav system cannot be updated to android auto (IS THIS STILL TRUE?, why cant it be updated with the sd card like the 15?) Love the car so far.

Best practices for requesting help:

* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a seach for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thanks. I have to get my tint waiver transferred first, then limo it. Do you use a dealership for anything? and which
I am in the north valley so I use Chapman Hyundai on Bell. That is where I had bought my '12 Sonata before getting the '14 and have gone there for warranty work(both front wheel bearings) and recall checks/work. So far it has gone pretty smooth and will use them again for 60K servicing because it is too hot and I don't want to do it lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts