Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to say here other than HI! I'm new to all of this. Hoping to find help for more than what I've already read (intermittent cruise control problems and it's not cancelling out once set). I know my vehicle is getting up in age, a 2006, but I've never ever wanted to own a car this long and this one is great.

I still need help on why my headlights/fog lights aren't lighting up, but the parking lights are. (checked bulbs and fuses) someone suggested the switch?

and why my abs/tsc comes on used to be only over 70 mph, now it's 60 mph. Then goes off once vehicle has been turned off.

And lastly, why my brakes grind only sometimes and it's not the pads/rotors type grind. This is a grind and the pedal vibrates with the grind and if you push thru, the brakes apply and work.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Hi there,

Best practices for requesting help:

Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
vin number can be very helpful.
Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
Describe the problem the best you can.
Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Not sure what to say here other than HI! I'm new to all of this. Hoping to find help for more than what I've already read (intermittent cruise control problems and it's not cancelling out once set).

Even with the brake? Need to be specific.

I know my vehicle is getting up in age, a 2006, but I've never ever wanted to own a car this long and this one is great.

I still need help on why my headlights/fog lights aren't lighting up, but the parking lights are. (checked bulbs and fuses) someone suggested the switch?

and why my abs/tsc comes on used to be only over 70 mph, now it's 60 mph. Then goes off once vehicle has been turned off.

And lastly, why my brakes grind only sometimes and it's not the pads/rotors type grind. This is a grind and the pedal vibrates with the grind and if you push thru, the brakes apply and work.
Best to solve one problem at a time. Even then the post can get so convoluted you'll not be able to make sense out of it. I said CAN get not will get.
Stay on point and disregard the replies that don't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
grcauto, as I should have said, I had that answer on the Intermittent Cruise problem. They asked in the post I found my answer, if the cruise was cancelling out as it might be a brake light problem, but alas, that is not my problem. Once I am able to get my cruise control to set/reset, it works til i touch the brake or use cancel to stop my cruise setting.

Thanks for the heads up that I needed to be more clear on my post. I've lived by the "shorter is better and abbreviate if possible as there isn't enough room to post all" customer service work policies. In the future, I will work towards fully explaining myself!

And wow, I just noticed the rest of your comments. Sorry. 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe --- Mileage is 129,942 --- 2.7 ltr engine --- automatic --- i bought new and had 17 miles on it --- and the abs/tsc problem is my next concern. It's been taken to a shop (friend of my husband and no paperwork that I know of.....there might have been some, but he did not give it to me.)

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
ABS/ESC,,, scan for DTC,, though most common fault is a cracked tone ring at front (either side,, maybe both),,, toss goofy codes,, first place to look is the rings for crack at both front..

Oldest fault in the SM chassis handbook for ABS/ESC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts