Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just making my "formal' introduction to the forum. I will hopefully be a new member of the Hyundai owner family.

I am awaiting delivery of my 2014 Elantra Limited and thought I would join the forum and poke around. The car is used with 18K miles and has the Technology Package. Based on my reports from the dealer, it also looks like a car with only 18K miles- which is pretty close to new.

I have been a Toyota man for many years (My family has owned Supras, RaV 4s and Celica's. These cars have held up and I love them.

I read the reviews, looked up stats and pondered the decision for weeks. I hope that Hyundai does not let me down.

I'm getting a bit older and want a nice commuter car with good gas mileage, decent features, easy to get into and out of and a high bang for the buck to price ratio. :grin2:

I hope the Elantra will fit the bill.:wink:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Welcome! I am in a similar situation. Bang for the buck was the main reason for getting an Elantra.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I received my car on the 20th, and couldn't be happier. :grin2:

18.5K on the odometer and almost as new as the day it was made:nerd:

The car is very clean and everything works as it should. I chose this car over a 2015 with 54K, but paid the same price for a cleaner car with the Tech Package, rims and tires I wanted, LED taillights and navigation lights as well as low miles.

I know its a run of the mill looking Elantra, but I just love the design and features. I always wanted one, but couldn't see 27-28K for one when they were new. I got this one for 15.6K. Yes, it was probably overpriced, but what's the chance I'd find one in this condition with this low of miles in the exact color and features I want? This was the Elantra I would have ordered had I bought it new. I am very conservative but took a page from my wife's "play book on life" and "just did it". She said that if I didn't buy it I would regret it later. I think she was right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts