Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There.

I have had a few cars in the past. Honda, Toyota, Audi, Currently have a F150 for hauling and pulling a trailer. Well I decided I had given enough money to the gas company.
I wanted a small cheap to run car for the summer, till I could look around for something a little better. So what did I buy? I bought a 2006 Hyundai Elantra. The car wasn't expensive. Infact it was quite cheap. The car looks like its been undercoated to within an inch of its life. Underneath is solid. (so my mechanic tells me). The only rust is near the gas tank. A relatively easy fix I hope. After I bought the car I needed to have the rear strut replaced and a front wheel bearing. New oil (the old oil filter was leaking). All in all not a big deal. My only issue is the airbag light is always on. doing some research it looks like a common enough problem. With fixes being anything from the clock spring in the steering wheel to squished wires under the seats. So I will delve into that in good time. But my main take away from this is. This seems a great little car. Very good on gas. (main need). Fairly comfortable. Drives well. And will make a great first car to my son when he's ready for it. All in all very pleased. Especially with its initial cost.

Im pleased to be here and look forward to learning the idiosyncrasies of this car.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you will be honing your mechanical skills and get good fuel economy. Good luck!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts